What is IBPS SO Exam?
Specialist Officers (SO) are recruited periodically to man individual special posts in various departments like IT Officer, Field Officer, Law Officer, HR/Personnel or Management Officer, Marketing Officer, Sales Officer etc in government and private banks across the country. The candidates opting for these posts must have Graduate and Post Graduate Degree/Diploma in relevant filed along with certain experience in the relevant field. IBPS conducts Common Written Examination for selection of Specialist Officers.
In the recent years, the level of competition for bank exams has spurt exponentially. Graduates from any field of study can attempt this exam. We provide you details necessary for all preparation tips, syllabi, reference books, study material, exam pattern, etc.
The job profile, roles and responsibilities and salary package of Specialist officers are as follows:
Role of IT Officer:
- IT officers are required to take care of the bank software systems.
- Based on experience IT SO has two scales: Scale I and Scale II.
- IT officers look after the maintenance of servers, database and other networking aspects.
Role of Law Officer:
- Law officer in a bank deals with the legal issues received from various departments of the Bank and its associate institutions.
- The law officers is responsible for:
- Preparations of initial drafts of legislation administered/to be administered by the bank.
- Preparation of drafts of pleading and comprehensive instructions/briefs to counsel in connection with litigation involving the bank and its associate institutions.
- appearing before conciliation officers, labour courts, tribunals, etc. on behalf of the bank.
Role of Agricultural Field Officer:
- Agricultural Field Officer promotes loans in rural areas related to general and agricultural purposes
- Agricultural Field Officer assists in client acquisition site visit before the loan sanctioning and follow-up for timely loan recovery.
Role of Marketing Officer
- Marketing Officer is responsible for all marketing and social media and networking activities of the Bank.
- Marketing Officer develops various marketing concepts, objectives, materials, advertisements, programmes, press releases and other special events approved by Senior Management.
- Marketing Officer provides guidance and coordinates implementation efforts with respect to the installation of new or existing products and services.
- Marketing Officer is also responsible for being the primary contact of public relations and media contacts, advertising and certain business development activities.
Role of Rajbhasha Adhikari
- Rajbhasha Adhikari takes care of the notice boards, or the advertisements of bank in media in English and Hindi
- Rajbhasha Adhikari is in charge of translation of official documents in English into Hindi.
Role of HR/Personnel Officer
- HR/Personnel Officer handles the entire HR functions of the bank including Compensation policy, industrial relations, statutory compliances, performance management system, training and development, staff welfare and other aspects of HR management.
- HR/Personnel Officer also takes care of the recruitment notifications of the bank.
Pay Scale of IBPS SO Officers:
- The salary structure for the IBPS SO is calculated considering all the perks offered to them. However, an SO under Scale I is provided — Rs 14,500 – 600/7 – 18,700 – 700/2 – 20,100 -800/7 – 25,700/- approximately. So, the cash-in-hand will be around Rs. 24,000-32,000 nearly.
- Those under IBPS SO Scale II, the BASIC PAY given is Rs 19,400 700/1- 20,100 – 800/10 – 28,100/ approximately.
- During appointment, the salary will be Rs. 34,000-40,000 approximately.
- After completion of the first year, an increment of Rs. 700 will be due on the basic pay.
- After that the increment on the basic pay is Rs. 800/- for the next 10 years.
- However, it is possible to get revised pay depending on the economy of the country.