IBPS Selection Process 2018
Selection of candidates for the IBPS PO, RRB, Clerk, and SO involves detailed and elaborate process:
Selection process broadly comprises of two stages:
- Written examination (Prelims and Mains)
- Personal Interview
Based on candidate's performance in these two rounds he/she would be shortlisted for allotment of posts.
Common Written Examination:
- Common Written Examination (Prelims and Mains) will be conducted online which consists of objective type questions.
- Each candidate is required to obtain a minimum score in each section and also a minimum total score, which will be considered to shortlist the candidate for the interview.
- An examination is objective type and is for a duration of 120 minutes.
- The question paper consists of 200 questions with one mark each.
- Negative marking of 0.25 is assigned.
- Candidates who are shortlisted in the written examination for CWE will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations.
- Total marks allotted for IBPS Interview is 100.
- Minimum Qualify marks: for General: Above 40% and for SC/ST/PH/OBC/PWD: Above 35%
- IBPS Department will generate scorecard based on candidate's performance in the written exam and interview with a ratio of 80:20 (CWE & Interview)
- Candidate qualified in both the exams is shortlisted for provisional Allotment Process
After completion of interview candidates shortlisted will be allotted to one of the Participating Organizations depending on the available vacancies. The allotment of candidates to a participating organisation shall be final, which is made keeping government guidelines in view. Interviews will be conducted at selected centres.
Note: Offer of appointment is solely the decision of the Participating Organisations and shall be final and binding. IBPS has no role here.