Aspirants Should Have To Know This Before Applying:
The eligibility shall be finally verified, by the concerned recruiting agency/appointing authority. The aspirant should satisfy his/her eligibility before applying and shall be personally responsible in case he/she is not eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria.
Furnishing of false, wrong or inaccurate information may lead to cancellation of the Test result, forfeiture of the certificate and even prosecution in appropriate cases.
The records of CTET including OMR Answer sheet is preserved up to two months from the date of declaration of result in accordance with CBSE Examination weeding out rules. Thereafter it will be disposed of as per weeding out rules.
The OMR sheet and the Answer Key of CTET examination will be displayed on the CTET official website on which a public notice will be issued in all leading newspapers. The aspirants can download the same in the given stipulated time.
Candidate must possess Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming a teacher for Class I to V and VI to VIII. The following persons are eligible for appearing in the CTET 2019 examination:
Minimum educational qualifications for becoming the teacher for Classes I-V:
Minimum educational qualifications for becoming the teacher for Classes VI-VIII:
1. Relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks in the minimum educational qualification for eligibility shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to reserved categories, such as SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled.
2. Diploma / Degree Course in Teacher Education : For the purposes of this Notification, a Diploma / Degree Course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However, in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.ED (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabiliation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
3. Training to be undergone : A Person with D.Ed (Special Education) or qualification shall undergo, after appointment, an NCTE recognized 6 Month Special Programme in Elementary Education.
4. The minimum qualifications referred above apply to teachers of Languages, Social Studies / Social Science, Mathematics, Science etc. In Respect of teachers for Physical Education, the minimum, qualification norms for Physical Education teachers referred to the NCTE Regulation, dated 3rd November, 2001, (As amended from time to time) shall be applicable. For teachers of Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, etc. The existing eligibility norms prescribed by the State Governments and othe school managements shall be applicable till such time the NCTE lays down the minimum qualifications in respect of such teachers.
5. A person who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) Specified in the NCTE Notification dated 29th July, 2011 shall be eligible for appearing in the CTET.
6. The candidate should satisfy his / her eligibility before applying and shall be personally responsible in case he / she is not eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria. It is to be noted that if a candidate has been allowed to appear in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test it does not imply that the candidate's eligibility has been verified. It does not vest any right with the candidate for appointment. The Eligibility shall be finally verified, by the concerned recruiting agency / appointing authority.