It is very important for all the candidates to know and understand the requirements of this examination such as UGE NET syllabus, pattern, eligibility criteria, application procedure and other such significant details before kick-starting the preparations.
The UGC NET is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & eligibility for Assistant Professor in Indian universities and colleges. During the final phase of the preparation, candidates should not lose control of concepts to ace the exam. Here are the last-minute tips for UGC NET.
During the last phase, one should recall all the strategies and revise all the important topics they have highlighted in the self-prepared notes.
The official notification clearly reads that the questions will be generic in nature, intending to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It tests the candidate's reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness. As it carries a total of 100 marks, it is not advised to keep the Paper I aside.
Candidates should work on skills such as time management to excel in the UGC NET. It is not an easy task to crack UGC NET questions in the given time. Hence, it is advised to increase their speed to attempt the number of questions. However, one should not lose their accuracy while increasing the speed.
During the last days of the preparation, some extra efforts are required to stand out from the crowd. Preparing a separate study schedule during the last week of preparation is also one among them. Aspirants are advised to draft a strategy based on their strengths and weaknesses.
Paper II will be based on the subject selected by the candidates and it carries 200 marks. Undeniably, Paper II plays a significant role to score well in the examination. Hence, aspirants should devote more time to Paper II preparation besides not ignoring Paper I.
1. Revise Your Notes: The most important task to perform specifically to crack the UGC NET examination is to revise all the prepared notes & follow your books. Be it for the paper I or II, aspirants should revise all the important topics they have highlighted in the self-prepared notes. Devote a day each for revising the prepared notes because it consists of all the important information of topics in simple language.
2. Never Take Paper I Lightly: The UGC NET paper I require a constructive approach though the paper is not based on subjects. According to the official notification, the candidates will be tested on their teaching/research aptitude. They are also tested on the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness. During the last days, focus on the comprehension and general awareness to score well.
3. Keep Your Options Open For Paper II: Paper II will be based on subjects and this will decide the fate of the aspirants. Though CBSE has published the detailed syllabus for every subject, a candidate has to cross the syllabus barrier to score well. Always look at the probabilities about the expected questions and one can also study the old question paper patterns.
4. Prepare The Strategies: Aspirants have to devote some extra effort specifically during the last days. One has to prepare a separate study schedule and strategy for cracking this exam. They should also prepare a separate strategy for the last day and D-day. It is suggested to follow an order depending on the candidate's strengths and weaknesses.
5. Increase Your Accuracy And Speed: The duration of the paper I and II will be one and two hours respectively. It is not an easy task to crack a question in less than two minutes. During preparation, a candidate needs to focus on enhancing their speed without losing their accuracy.
6. Boost Your Confidence: UGC NET is different from other competitive entrance examinations. As the examination is conducted for high-profile positions, the standard of the examination should not be taken lightly. The competition for UGC NET will also be massive. Considering these all points, losing confidence is not encouraged. Indeed, one has to motivate themselves to crack the examination.