Common Entrance Examination for Design Exam

CEED Examination Pattern

The CEED 2020 exam uses English as a medium of instruction. The CEED exam pattern consists of two parts- Part A and Part B. Both the parts are conducted on the same day and candidates need to appear for both the exams on the given date and time.

CEED Part A Test Pattern

Part A consists of objective type questions – MCQ, MSQ, and NAQ. Candidates need to attempt CEED Part A exam on a computer. Questions asked in this section are from topics such as visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity.

CEED Part B Test Pattern

Part B of CEED paper comprises of questions to test an aspirant's design, drawing and writing skills. Part B exam questions are displayed on a computer screen and candidates need to solve them on an answer booklet provided by the invigilator.

There are 8 questions in Part B exam. The marking scheme is such that question number 1-5 in the exam are of 50 marks each and candidates have a choice to attempt any one of these questions.

Note: Part A of CEED 2020 will be considered as a screening exam. Thus, students who have been shortlisted in this test will be evaluated for Part B of the exam. However, only the scores of candidates in Part B will be used to prepare the merit list for CEED 2020.

CEED 2020 Score:

The final CEED score of candidates is determined by giving 25% weighting to marks obtained by candidates in Part A and the remaining 75% weight is determined basis scores obtained in CEED Part B exam.


The CEED 2020 score card is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result. The CEED 2020 scorecard cannot be treated as a proof of date of birth, category or disability status.

Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Careerindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Careerindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more