Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) 2016 has registered decrease in number of applications for the second consecutive year.
According to reports, about 12.07 lakh aspirants have registered for JEE Main examination against 13.04 lakh registrations last year. The numbers apparently have declined by a lakh this year compared to the 50,000 dip recorded last year. Lack of interest in engineering as a career path has led to declining number of registrants, says academic experts.
The Maharashtra state has recorded 1.63 lakh applicants while Uttar Pradesh has 1.50 lakh registrants. The fall in number of aspirants from the state of Maharashtra and the state's decision to hold its own common entrance test (MHT-CET) for engineering admissions are also added reasons to the overall drop in registrations.
- The JEE (Main) paper I (B.E/B. Tech) offline examination will be held on April 03, 2016 and JEE (Main) paper I (B.E/B. Tech) online examination will be conducted on April 09, 2016 and April 10, 2016.
- The JEE (Main) paper I (B.Arch./B.Planning) offline examination will be held on April 03, 2016.
- Registered candidates of JEE (Main) 2016 has been given the facility for correction in their data (particulars) from January 21, 2016 to January 31, 2016.
- All the registered candidates for the said examination are advised to visit the website and verify their particulars.
- The change of city for examination and change of mode from computer based to pen & paper based is not allowed
- Since, it is one time facility, extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them; therefore, the candidates are informed to do the correction very carefully because no further chance of correction will be given to the candidates for whatsoever reason