The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released an official notification for the recruitment of candidates to Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) through common written examination (CWE).
IBPS has invited application from candidates for various posts as 56 RRBs across 209 cities in the country. Read through for complete details.
No. of vacancies: 16,560 posts
Posts offered: Group 'A' Officers & Group 'B' Office Assistants
Selection procedure: Candidates will be selected based on their performance in CWE and the rules laid down by the IBPS.
Interested candidates can apply for the RRB recruitment from September 14, 2016.
- Officers Scale I: 5539 posts
- Officers Scale II: 1999 posts (Generalist and Specialist)
- Officers Scale III: 198 posts and
- Officer Assistants (Multipurpose): 8,824 posts
- Officers Scale II posts are further divided as
- General Banking Officer: 1533 posts
- Agriculture Officer: 152 posts
- Marketing Officer: 75 posts
- Treasury Manager: 19 posts
- Law Officer: 55 posts
- Chartered Accountant: 35 posts
- Technology Officer: 130 posts
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online through the official webiste of IBPS.
For application procedure, click here.
Who is eligible?
For Officer Scale- I
Candidates should be between 18-30 years of age and should not have been born earlier than September 3, 1986 and later than August 1, 1998
For Officer Scale- II
Candidates should be between 18-32 years of age and should not have been born earlier than September 3, 1984 and later than August 31, 1995
For Officer Scale-III
Candidates should be between 21-40 years of age and should not have been born earlier than September 3, 1976 and later than August 31, 1995
For Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
Candidates should be between 18-28 years of age and should not have been born earlier than September 2, 1988 and later than September 1, 1998
Note: Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates. For more details on eligibility criteria, click here.
- Selection process will take place in 3 rounds. Preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview.
- Candidates applying for Officers Scale-I and Office Assistants (multipurpose) will have to take up preliminary and main online exam.
- After clearing the prelims, candidates will be selected for main exams.
- The candidates applied for Office Assistant (multipurpose) exam would be provisionally allotted to a RRB.
- Candidates of Officers Scale-I will have to clear the interview round before their selection.
Click here for details on RRB selection procedure.