Students in class 12 of the CBSE Board are preparing hard to score good marks in Board exams. It is time to intensify your study efforts! We have provided you with important topics from the Chemistry syllabus and tips to prepare for the Class 12 Chemistry board exam. Including everything from physical and equilibrium chemistry to organic and inorganic chemistry, these chapters will undoubtedly be asked in the exam.
Important Chapters & Topics For CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry Exam
- Chemical Kinetics: Factors affecting rate of reaction, Integrated rate equations and half-life, Rate of a reaction, Order and molecularity of a reaction
- Electrochemistry: Conductance in electrolytic solutions, Redox reactions, Variations of conductivity with concentration, Specific and molar conductivity
- Kohlrausch's Law: Standard electrode potential, Lead accumulator, Electrolysis and the law of Electrolysis, Nernst equation, Dry cell-electrolytic cells and galvanic cells
- Surface Chemistry: Adsorption - physisorption, and chemisorption, Factors affecting adsorption of gases on solids, Enzyme catalysis, colloidal state distinction, Catalysis, Colloids and suspension, Homogeneous and heterogeneous activity and selectivity
- Coagulation: Emulsion
- Lyophilic, Lyophobic Multi-Molecular, and Macromolecular Colloids: Properties of colloids, Tyndall effect, Brownian movement, Electrophoresis
- Coordination Compounds: Coordination number, colour, magnetic properties, and shapes, IUPAC nomenclature of mononuclear coordination compounds, Werner's theory, Structure and stereoisomerism, Ligands, CFT, VBT, Bonding
- d and f Block Elements: General trends of the first-row transition metals, Ionic Radii, Alloy Formation, Metallic Character, Catalytic Property, Oxidation States, Ionisation Enthalpy, Magnetic Properties, Interstitial Compounds, Preparation and Properties of K2Cr2O7 and KMnO4, Actinoids, Electronic configuration, oxidation states, and comparison with lanthanoids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen: Amines, Nomenclature, Classification, Structure, Methods of preparation, Physical and chemical properties, uses, Identification of primary, secondary, and tertiary amines
- Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids: Carboxylic Acids, Nomenclature, Nature of carbonyl group, Methods of preparation, Nomenclature Acidic nature, Methods of preparation, Physical and chemical properties, Uses, Aldehydes and Ketones, Physical and chemical properties, Mechanism of Nucleophilic Addition
Tips To Prepare For CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Exam
Here are some tips for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Exam preparation:
- Understand the syllabus: You must be well aware of the CBSE class 12 Chemistry syllabus. This understanding will assist you in identifying the issues on which you should concentrate and prepare.
- Practice A Lot: In addition to studying, it is critical to get plenty of practice. This can be accomplished by completing old papers or taking mock tests. It is normal to feel anxious before taking an exam, but it is critical to have a positive attitude. Remember that you have worked hard and are completely prepared.
- Know the exam format: Examine the CBSE class 12 Chemistry exam structure, so you know what to expect on the exam day. This includes comprehending the various types of questions that will be asked as well as the grading method.
- Make a study schedule: Once you've grasped the content and exam style, it's essential to devise a study strategy. This should cover when you will study, what topics you will concentrate on each day, and how you will prepare for the exam.
Chemistry in CBSE class 12 is a broad topic. Exams for this topic will be held in the second term of the academic year. We've summarised some of the most crucial chapters for these examinations to assist students in preparing. Because it is hard to cover everything in this short text, these topics are an excellent place to start for individuals preparing for their CBSE class 12 Chemistry exams. After covering all of these chapters for CBSE class 12 Chemistry examinations, students would be confident in their final exam.
For more such tips, get connected with us on telegram, click here.