Physics is the first main exam in the CBSE class 12 exam schedule. It is also one of the most fascinating subjects just because of its practical applications in real life. Although the theory and problems part might look elaborate and laborious to study, once you understand the fundamentals, you would love studying physics.
Let's look at the CBSE class 12 physics syllabus and marks allocation first.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2018
|UNIT NUMBER||UNIT NAME|
|III||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|IV||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|VII||Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter|
|VIII||Atoms and Nuclei|
|UNIT NUMBER||MARKS ALLOCATED|
|I and II||15|
|III and IV||16|
|V and VI||17|
|VII and VIII||10|
|IX and X||12|
Chapter-wise Important Topics
|CHAPTER NUMBER||TOPIC NAME|
|1||Coulomb's Law, Electrostatic Field and Electric Dipole, Gauss's Law|
|2||Electrostatic Potential, Capacitance|
|3||Resistance and Ohm's Law, Potentiometer, Cell and Their Combinations, Kirchoff's Laws and Electric Devices|
|4||Magnetic Field Laws and Their Applications, Magnetic Force and Torque|
|5||Magnetic Dipole and Magnetic Field Lines, Earth's Magnetic Field and Magnetic Material|
|6||Electromagnetic Induction Laws, Eddys Currents and Self and Mutual Induction|
|7||Introduction to Alternating Currents, AC Currents and AC Devices|
|9||Reflection, Refraction and Dispersion of Light and Optical Instrument|
|10||Huygen's Principle and Interference of Light|
|11||Photoelectric Effect and Matter Waves|
|13||Radioactivity Effect and Decay Law, Mass Defect and Binding Energy|
|14||Semiconductor, Diode and Its Applications, Logic Gates, Transistors and Its Applications|
|15||Communication and Modulation|
Also Read: How To Score 90 Percentile In CAT?
Last Minute Preparation Tips For CBSE Class 12 Physics Exam
How To Prepare For Definitions
Write down the list of definitions separately. You might also want to write, along with the definitions, the questions and important keywords that you must not forget so that it would be easier while revising.
How To Prepare For Problems
- Write down all the chapter-wise formulae separately and memorise them.
- Understand the fundamentals of each concept and try to apply it with the formulae before looking at the solution.
- Take the help of solved answers once you have completely understood the question
- Understand the concept of current.
- Practise the circuit diagrams.
- Take a look at the other diagrams even if you don't have time to study the parts and nuances of it in depth. You could still manage drawing an outline that could be a value addition to your answer.
Practise Previous Year Question Papers
Once you have covered the entire syllabus, don't waste time in going through every single concept. Check out the previous years' question papers and answer papers below:
- CBSE Class12 Physics Set 1 IOP-COMPTT Exam Question Paper 2017 (Delhi Scheme)
- CBSE Class12 Physics Set 2 IOP-COMPTT Exam Question Paper 2017 (Delhi Scheme)
- Previous years question papers list