Smart phones have revolutionized the way we live our lives. Facilities are readily available on the end of our fingers. Food, technology, lifestyle, finance and many more essential areas have become more accessible. We don't have to stand in queues, or wait for weeks for a reply from a friend. Everything has become instant.
Smart phone is a mobile computer device. Originally invented for communication through calls, mobiles evolved into smart phones, with the need for portable devices to have facilities like that of a computer.
Students make up a huge composition of the crowd who use smart phones. There involve games, instant messaging, movies, music and many other applications which the students use. Most of these are used for leisure. While that is the norm, students can also make use the smart phone for their day to day activities in studies.
Check out the following things you can do with your smart phone:
Now you might be already introduced with the idea of noting down points on your phone. Noting points on your phone will have many advantages. You are only one click away from all the information.
- Either on some note pad, or you can even make a group with just you, on Whatsapp.
- Store important notes, images and documents that you want to use later for studies.
- You will no more require additional materials like ink, paper or pen.
- Notes are readily available on your phone, all at one place.
Recording voices and storing them for later can be used for educational purposes. Many a times, students tend to forget what was taught in class or something that they had discussed. Some points may not have been mentioned in the notes either. This might be crucial for them when it comes to exams. Thus recording feature in a phone can be helpful.
- Students can record lectures
- All the information by the teacher will be available
- No need to make notes again and again.
- Revise before the exams by listening to them
Learning New Languages
Knowing a language is always a plus point. With the world becoming more and more global, knowing languages like Chinese, French and German can be always helpful. Attending classes for these languages may cost a lot. Thus learning languages using a smart phone becomes easier.
- Multiple languages are available at the same place
- Most of the Courses are free
- It is usually a step by step process
- Students can share their experience with others
Check This Out: Four Indian universities to introduce tribal language courses
Doesn't it sound fun? Thousands of books at one place. Our own digital library, that would look like the Hogwarts library. E-books have made their way into our lives. They may not feel the same like holding the book, but they will surely give you a good time.
- Words that are new, can be looked up in the dictionary.
- Favorite quotes can be saved.
- Multiple books can be saved at one place.
- Some websites and applications allow you to publish your own books.
Though we may all have a calendar at our homes, carrying them around wouldn't be possible. Smart phones have made it happen though. As a student, calendars and time tables become very important. There are exam dates, tests, events, assignments, deadlines and many other important activities. Calendars on our phones help us to keep a track on all of them.
- Events can be saved on specific dates.
- Reminders and alarm features are available.
- Location can be added, if one has to travel to a spot.
- Students can manage their time.
Also Read: How to Stay Concentrated While Studying?
Documents- Create and Share
Important documents can be created and filled up using applications on smart phones. Word files, spreadsheets and presentations are important when it comes to assignments and projects. At times, getting hold of a laptop or a Personal Computer may not be possible. One can use their smart phone for creating and sharing documents at such times.
- Easy to access and is secure.
- Automatically saved on drive.
- Can be shared with multiple people, who can edit the documents.
- Can be used for creating notes and sharing them.
Smart phones are windows to the far areas of information. Search engines like Google, have made searching and understanding the concepts in much easier ways. Students just have to type few words, related to the subject and you would find everything that exists about the topic in front of you.
- Easy to navigate
- Students can find many perspectives on the same topic
- Can find scholarly articles for research papers
- Related topics are shown for further research
Just like a calendar, a dictionary is not something one can carry around. Not the large ones at least. And if you take the small ones, you won't find all the words. The dictionary can be useful when it comes to reading a book, news or something that someone sent. It increases the vocabulary and communication skills.
- While reading a book or news, one can look up a word.
- Favorite Words can be saved.
- Pronunciation is available with sound.
- Thesaurus is available with the dictionary.
So as one can see, smart phones are not just for messaging and uploading pictures. One can use the device for enhancing their learning capabilities and knowledge.
As the world changes, we must change with it. Students should definitely use new technology to pump up their studies.