XAT is held for admissions into academic programmes of XLRI and other associate institutes. XAT scores is considered by more than 100 institutes for admissions.
Note: Admit cards for XAT 2016 will be available for download on the official website of XAT, prior to 1 week of the examination.
The paper will consist of four sections namely:
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge.
The marks obtained in the GK section will not be used for determining the percentile and cut off at first stage of selection. However XLRI and some other Associate Member Institutes may use it at the time of final selection.
- XAT test is conducted offline, it is a pen-paper based exam. The duration of the exam is 3 hours, which will be held from 10.30 am to 1.30 pm.
The Changes introduced in XAT 2016 exam paper pattern are as follows:
- The number of questions in the paper has been reduced to 78 questions.
- The time allotted for the examination has been increased by 20 minutes.
- The candidates shall have 170 minutes to answer 78 questions.
- The level of difficulty of the questions has been brought down, so that students can attempt as many questions as possible in 170 minutes.
- In XAT-2016, students have a choice of not attempting 13 questions. Beyond this, any unattempted question will carry the negative mark of 0.05
- The time allowed to answer both GK and Essay would be 35 minutes
- The number of questions in the GK section have been reduced to 25
- Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the written examination and interview.