Teachers are the core element in the system of education. They spread knowledge and wisdom, and provide the students with vital information, that molds them to become ready for the future. Each of us have important memories with our teachers.
September 5 of every year is celebrated as Teachers' day in our country. Marked by the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, an excellent teacher who was the first Vice President and the second President of our country.
What ever role we might have played or are playing in the class with the teacher, one can't argue with the fact that teachers do leave a very strong impression.
As students, what we are expected is to keep quite, learn and not disturb our teachers. But this is hardly the scene in a classroom.
It is the affection for each other that pushes us into such situations. And what better day than Teachers' day to remind our Guru, how much respect and love we have for them in our hearts.
There are many things that students can do to make sure that their teachers know their affection. You can take a point or two from the following:
Make sure you have a grand celebration on Teachers' Day. You can organize a small function, either with just the rest of your class and your teacher, or with the entire school.
- You can organize a play featuring students for your teachers.
- Group dances by you, as a tribute for your teachers would be immensely loved by them.
- Poetry is getting a lot of exposure these days. One of the students can perform a slam poem on how or why your teacher is the best.
- A song which tells of the love for your teachers will be a cherry on the top.
Make Some Art
Occasions like Teachers' day is when the class or a group of students should come together and use their powerful imagination to create something beautiful. This is extra special, as you will be creating it for your teachers.
You can use many DIYs and make decorations, or small gifts that the teachers can use.
- A pen stand or a chalk holder can be a brilliant gift for a teacher. You can even use ice cream sticks to make these. Use some sequins to make it look fancy.
- Dream catchers are always an incredible gift for teachers.
- A bookmark made out of hand made sheets, and using basic printing using paint some pattern would look great.
Talk your Heart Out
A very important part of the Teachers' day celebration is to make them realise how much you like them. Often we forget to show the respect and the love we have for one each other. We have these certain days of celebration for the same purpose.
- The entire class can make a small video, telling how much and why they like their teachers.
- Some of the students can come forward and make a small speech about Teacher's day and say a few words about their teacher.
- The class can also make a card, where you can write about what makes your teacher so special and everyone can sign them.
Mean What You Say
Finally you need to realise that it is not ornamental to celebrate teacher's day. We celebrate it for a reason, which is to remember how important teachers are in our lives.
- Following this, as students, you must make sure that you do not give your teachers a reason to scold you.
- On this day, make sure you behave as they want you to.
- And remember that although we have a special day just for teachers, it is not that only on that day we must respect them, but that we must continue to do so in perpetuity.
Teachers provide the light of education to the world. The number of people who are successful, many developing countries that we read about and plethora of advancement in every field, must all be credited to the never ending community of teachers.
We must be thankful for their service and always remember them in our hearts.