Karnataka II PUC science students have chemistry exam on Mar 8, 2018 while on the other hand commerce students have accountancy on that day. With just a few days more to go for these main subjects, CareerIndia offers you the exam pattern based on the type of questions, difficulty level and various other factors. Check out the important topics for different sections to aid you with the last-minute preparations for the science exam.
You may check out the accountancy exam important topics and exam pattern here.
Karnataka II PUC Chemistry Exam Details
- Date: Mar 8, 2018
- Time: 10.15 am to 1.30 pm
- Duration: 3 hours and 15 minutes
- Total marks: 70
- Number of questions: 27
Karnataka II PUC Chemistry Exam Paper Pattern
I. Ten 1 mark questions carrying 10 marks
II. Answer any five of the eight 2 marks questions. Total marks allocated is 10.
III. Answer any five of the eight 3 marks questions. Total marks allocated is 15.
IV. Answer any three of the five 5 marks questions. Total marks allocated is 15.
V. Answer any four of the six 5 marks questions. Total marks allocated is 20.
Marking Scheme Based On The Typology Of Content
- Testing knowledge will comprise 40% of the questions. 43 marks are allocated for this.
- Explanation and interpretation-related questions to test your comprehension skills comprise 30% of the questions. 31 marks are allocated for this.
- Application-related questions comprise 20% of the questions, carrying 21 marks in total.
- 10% skill-based questions carrying 10 marks.
Marking Scheme Based On Difficulty Level
- Easy (40%) - 43 marks
- Average (40%) - 42 marks
- Difficult (20%) - 20 marks
Marking Scheme Based On Syllabus
- Physical Chemistry - 36
- Inorganic Chemistry - 28
- Organic Chemistry - 41
Important 1 Mark Topics For Karnataka II PUC Chemistry Exam
- Variation of molarity with temperature
- Collision frequency
- Example of Mond process
- Name vitamins and its deficiencies
- Adsorption types and definitions
- Types of solutions
Important 2 Marks Topics For Karnataka II PUC Chemistry Exam
- Difference between crystalline and amorphous solids
- Cathodic and anodic reactions
- Gaseous states
- Classification of colloids
- Anionic detergents with example
Important 3 Marks Topics For Karnataka II PUC Chemistry Exam
- Extraction of aluminium by Hall-Heroult process with diagram
- Balance equations
- Structure of acids
- Isomeric structures
- Coordination number
- Oxidation states
Important 5 Marks Topics For Karnataka II PUC Chemistry Exam (short answer - I)
- Calculation of packing efficiency in cubic lattice
- Electrolytic problems
- Solubility of gases
- Rate equations
- Arrhenius equation
- Entropy change
Important 5 Marks Topics For Karnataka II PUC Chemistry Exam (short answer II)
- Conversion of chemicals (Ex: methyl chloride to methyl alcohol)
- Kolbe's reaction
- Benzene and its structures
- Haworth structure of maltose
- Preparation of Buna N with equation