There are hardly eight more days left for the Karnataka II PUC Accountancy exam. With the tail already set on fire for the board exams that will be beginning from tomorrow here are the last minute preparation tips that you can follow to mark your success in the exam.
Karnataka II PUC Accountancy Exam Details
- Date: Mar 8, 2018
- Duration: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Total Marks: 100
Let us take a look at the Karnataka II PUC Accountancy exam paper pattern, marking scheme, important topics and more.
Click here to read the Karnataka II PUC Exam 2018 timetable.
Karnataka II PUC Accountancy Exam Paper Pattern
- Section A: Answer any seven out of the ten 2 marks questions.
- Section B: Answer any four out of the seven 5 marks questions.
- Section C: Answer any four out of the eight 14 marks questions.
- Section D: Answer any two out of the three 5 marks questions.
Marking Scheme Based On The Typology Of Content
- Theory that needs to be remembered will comprise 15% of the questions. 25 marks are allocated for this.
- Explanation and interpretation-related questions to test your comprehension skills comprise 25% of the questions. 42 marks are allocated for this.
- Application of rules and theory comprise 40% of the questions, carrying 68 marks in total.
- There are 20% skill-based questions that require logical reasoning. 32 marks are allocated for this.
Marking Scheme Based On The Length Of Answers
- Eight one mark, very short answers carrying total of 8 marks.
- Five two marks short answers for 10 marks.
- Three short problems and one long theory for 24 marks.
- Four long problems for 48 marks.
- Two practical oriented answers for 10 marks.
Important 2 Marks Questions For Karnataka II PUC Accountancy Exam
- What is Reserves?
- What is Dividend Tax Distribution?
- Features of Depreciation
- Features of Partnership
- Types of Reserves
- What are Income and Expenditure Account?
Important 5 Marks Question Samples For Karnataka II PUC Accountancy Exam
1. Anju and Biju are partners sharing profits and loses in the ratio of 6:4. They admit Chinnu into the partnership giving him 6/20th share, which he acquires in the proportion of 4/20 and 2/20 from Anju and Biju. Calculate the new profit sharing ratio of all the partners.
2. Karnataka C. Ltd issued 10,000 8% debentures of INR 10 each, payable as follows:
- INR 2 on applications
- INR 4 on allotments
- INR 4 on first and final calls
All the debentures were subscribed and the money duly received. Pass the journal entries up to the stage of first and final calls made.
3. Calculate the types of data processing system with one example each.
Important 14 Marks Question Samples For Karnataka II PUC Accountancy Exam
1. A mining company took a lease at a cost of INR 50000 on 1-4-11 for 5 years. It was decided to depreciate the lease by annuity method, charging interest at 5% per annum. The annuity table shows that INR 1 can be depreciated in full in 5 years with 5% interest per annum by charging INR .230975 annually. Prepare the lease account and interest account for 5 years ending 31-3-16.
2. Sagar Company Ltd issued 20000 shares if INR 100 each at a discount INR 10 oer share. The amount payable is as follows:
On applications - INR 20
On allotments - INR 20
On first call - INR 30
On final call - INR 20
All the shares were subscribed and the money duly received except the final call on 1000 shares. The directors forfeited these shares and reissued them as fully paid at INR 80 per share. Pass the journal entries related to issued shares, forfeited and re-issued.
Important 5 Marks Questions (Practical Oriented Questions) For Karnataka II PUC Accountancy Exam
1. Prepare a machinery account for two years with imaginary figures under fixed installment method.
2. Prepare current account of two partners under fixed capital sustem with five imaginary figures.
3. Prepare the comparative income statement for two years with five imaginary figures.