Obtaining an admission to a university abroad does not mean that you are left with no other tasks to do. There are quite a few things that are mandatory to be taken care of, before and after arrival, at your preferred destination. The main thing is to register at the university as a student and complete your legal residency formalities.
Things you should do before your arrival at your dream destination:
Make sure you have all the following:
- Accepted admission offer letter
- Registration link
- Your correspondence address details
- Check if the admissions office of the university has received certified copies of your academic records.
- Evidence of having met your admission conditions, if you have been conditionally admitted.
- Arranged accomodation.
- Make sure to take appropriate health and liability insurance.
The following documents are mandatory:
- Leaglised birth certificate.
- Valid passport
- Legalised marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Printed and completed arrival form.
To do list:
- Signing up for orientation, participation could be obligatory.
- Take look at the university's website, you might get assistance and tips upon arrival.
- Make sure you have received your tuition fee invoice and submitted the registration form at the admissions office.
- Make sure you have completed all procedures related to student visa and residence permit.
- Get all the required medical tests done and take your results.
- Have information for public transport.
Things to take care of after arrival at your destination of choice:
- Visit the college/university in order to:
- Submit printed and completed arrival form.
- Collect your welcome bag.
- Sign your housing contract (if applicable).
- Open a bank account if necessary.
- Take part in orientation programme.
- Attend any initial appointments made.
- Take medical tests, if necessary.
- Collect your residence permit.
- Request for your ID card which gives you access to university facilities and library.
- Finally, before you begin your degree at the school, formally register yourself as a student at the university.
You should keep in mind that every university will have requirements specific to itself. So do care to go through the university website thoroughly before preparing to leave for the trip.