Applications are invited from the eligible candidates who have passed Bachelor's Degree from any University in Karnataka and who are eligible under Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation quota for admission to the following P.G Courses offered at the University, Constituent Colleges and affiliated Colleges.
PG Admission Notification 2017-18:
The Faculty of Arts:
- M.A in Kannada, English, History & Archaeology, Economics, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Journalism, Master of Social Work (M. S. W), P. G.Diploma in Disaster Management.
The Faculty of Science & Technology:
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Library and Information Science, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology, Electronic Media, Psychology, M.S Communication, M.C.A.
The Faculty of Commerce:
The following two new courses would be commenced from this academic year.
1) Certificate course in Feminist Counseling and Life Skills.
2) P. G. Diploma In Women' s Studies.
How to apply?
- Candidates who wish to apply under Tumkur University (TU) quota may obtain Application along with prospectus from State Bank of India, Tumkur University branch at Tumakuru by paying a fee of Rs.400 (Rs. 200 for SC/ST / Cat-I) through challan only.
- Candidates who wish to apply under Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation quota and Other University (OU) quota may obtain application along with Prospectus by paying a fee of Rs.400 (Rs. 200 for SC/ ST / Cat-I) in the form of D.D. drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, Tumkur University, payable at Tumakuru".
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one Course have to submit a separate application for each course, along with prescribed fee of Rs.400 (Rs. 200 for SC/ST / Cat-I) through Challan / DD.
- Admission for M.S.W: The course is based on the Entrance Test, for which fee of Rs. 400 (Rs. 200 for SC/ ST/ Cat-I) has to be paid through Challan/ DD in favor of the "Finance Officer, Tumkur University" payable at Tumakuru and to be submitted along with filled in applications.
- The Entrance Test will be held on July 17, 2017, at 10.00 a.m. at "Dr.P. Sadananda Maiya Block Tumkur University, B.H.Road, Tumakuru -572 103.
- Filled-in applications with necessary enclosures should reach the Chairperson of the concerned PG Department, Tumkur University, B.H. Road, Tumakuru" on or before July 15, 2017, until 5.00 p.m".
- Admission to various courses will be made through counseling.
- Reservation of seats will be as per the Government order issued from time to time. Hyderabad and Karnataka students are responsible for admission in their reservation quota.
- If the number of students admitted to any program is less than 10 such programs will not be offered.
- Omnibus merit list will be released on the official website.
Important Dates For admission to Post Graduate Programs:
- The issue of Prospectus & application forms: July 5, 2017.
- Last date for submission of application form: July 15, 2017.
- Entrance test for MSW: July 17, 2017.
- The announcement of MSW entrance test result: July 19, 2017.
- The announcement of Omnibus merit list: July 21, 2017.
- Last day for filing objections, if any, for all the courses: July 24, 2017.
- Counseling for admission to MSc course: July 26, 2017.
- Counseling for admission to MA/ MSW Courses: July 27, 2017.
- Counseling for admission to M.Com Course: July 28, 2017.
- Commencement of classes: August 1, 2017.
Venue of counseling:
- Dr. Shree Shree Shree Shivakumara Mahaswamiji Auditorium, Tumkur University Campus.