GRE is a vital exam to take for those who want to pursue higher studies, like MS, Ph D... and here is where it all starts. The first step toward GRE is registering and booking a test slot. The following shows the steps on how to do it right:
1) Go to GRE home page.
2) Click on Online GRE Registration link.
3) Select the country where you will give your test.
4) Prometric GRE registration page appears.
5) Here select the city where you will take your test. If the city does not show up in search results then select a near by city.
6) Click on Schedule Exam link.
7) You can either select a particular date or 3 month period window, where in you can choose the date for test.
8) Select the date and time as per requirement, you may always not get the specific slot of you choice as there are a lot of people choosing the slots before admission deadlines. So be quick!
9) 2 pages come up that contains instructions, agree to it.
10) Fill in the details as per passport.
11) Fill in credit card details
12) Verify the filled in details and complete registration.
The GRE test fee is $185 (for 2013).