Mumbai university's Academic Council has come out with a decision to introduce new curriculum for students, who are seeking admission for this academic year. The recent announcement by the university to revise syllabus in all streams has left students in confusion.
Following are some of the changes introduced by the academic council:
- The council has decided to cancel the internal exam, which was conducted earlier by the respective colleges for Bachelor degrees in Arts, Commerce and Science streams. However, syllabus of self-financed courses remain the same
- With an aim to bring uniformity in exam pattern the university will conduct the exam for all the semester from this academic year. Previously, colleges were conducting exams from first to fourth semester and the university was responsible to conduct the exam for fifth and sixth semesters
- It is mandatory for students, who are pursuing final year degree at Mumbai University to take up live projects , internships, on-job training and industry orientation for which they will be awarded credits. Students can engage in projects either in fifth or sixth semester
- Last date to obtain applications forms for first year UG courses is June 14, 2016
- Filled in application form has to be submitted between June 18 and 22, 2016
- The first cut off list will be announced on June 22, 2016
About Mumbai University:
Mumbai University is the oldest university in Maharashtra. The university, which was established on July 18, 1857 offers Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral courses in various disciplines. Apart from UG and PG courses, it also offers diplomas and certificate courses.
The University has two campuses in Mumbai one is located at Kalina and the other is at Thane.