The Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) notification inviting candidates for the position of Lecturer / Assistant Professors has been released on the official website. Applicants can check the notification and apply for the desired posts.
Candidates are requested to check for the official notification and read through the information provided in it. The candidates are requested to make sure that they are eligible to apply for the post before they send in the application.
Incomplete applications or applications that are received after the deadline will be disqualified.
Important Dates for Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2017
- The notification was declared on October 09, 2017.
- The online application begins on October 09, 2017.
- The last date to submit the online application process is October 31, 2017.
- The last date to submit the online application along with a late fee of Rs. 150 is November 07, 2017.
- The last date to submit the hard copy of the application form along with the copy of the bank challan, other certificates to the nodal center is November 10, 2017.
- The examination date as mentioned in the notification is December 31, 2017.
Eligibility for Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2017
The candidates who belong to the general category must have at least 55 per cent marks in a Master's degree or its equivalent from a UGC recognized institute, in the subjects selected for KSET.
Candidates from SC, ST, PWD, Category I, II A, II B, III A and III B categories need to have 50 percent marks in a Master's degree or its equivalent from a UGC recognized institute, in the subjects selected for KSET.
Check the official notification for further information.
Application Fee for Karnataka State Eligibility Test Recruitment
- Candidates who belong to General category have to pay Rs. 1050.
- Candidates who belong to Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB categories have to pay Rs. 850.
- Candidates who belong to Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD categories need to pay Rs. 150.
- A late fee of Rs.150 has to be paid by the candidates for applying after the last date will the extended date.
The application fee can be paid through Internet Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, State Bank Buddy e-Wallet payment, cash payment through SBI branch, challan generated online and paid at any of the SBI branches.
The Question Paper for Karnataka State Eligibility Test Recruitment 2017
- The examination will have three papers.
- The examination will be in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) format.
- The examination will be conducted on December 31, 2017, in two sessions.
- The first session will have Paper I and II, each of 100 maximum marks.
- Paper I will have total of 60 questions, out of which 50 are to be answered and will go on from 9:30 AM to 10:45 AM.
- Paper I will be a general paper on Teaching and Aptitude.
- Paper II will have 50 questions, and all are to be answered. It will go on from 11 AM to 12:15 PM.
- Paper II will be based on subject the candidates selected, in MCQ form.
- The second session will consist of Paper III, which will be of 150 marks. There will be 75 questions, all of which are to be answered. The test will go on from 1:30 PM to 4 PM.
- Paper III will be based on the subject selected by the candidate but will have in-depth questions
How to Apply for Karnataka State Eligibility Test Recruitment 2017
- Visit the official website- kset.unimysore.ac.in
- Register using Email ID and Password.
- Provide personal, educational and KSETexam details.
- Submit the details.
- Pay the application fee through one of the modes.
- After two working days of payment, candidates have to log in and download the application form.
- A hard copy of the application form, along with attested copies of SSLC Marks Card, Category certificate, proof of qualifying examination certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card, and e-challan or web generated receipt, must be sent to respective nodal center before the last date.
- Paste a passport size photo in the space provided and sign across the photograph. It should be attested by a gazetted officer with seal
- Take a print out of the admission card and take it on the date of exam.