IBPS Clerk will be conducted for recruitment of candidates for Clerical cadre Posts in Participating banks/financial institutes.
IBPS Clerk 2015 will be conducted in two phases - Preliminary & Mains.
Only those candidates who qualify the prelims will be eligible for the mains exam. More than 5 lakh candidates will be appearing for this exam, contesting hard for a handful of seats.
IBPS Clerk 2015 Prelims Pattern
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Test Duration: 1 Hour (60 mins)
- Sections: The test will have the following 3 sections
- a)English: 30 questions.
- b) Numerical Ability: 35 questions.
- c) Reasoning: 35 questions.
- The test will consist of 100 questions, with 1 marks awarded for each correct answer and 0.25 marks deducted for every wrong answer.
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze passage
- Error spotting
- Para jumbles
- Vocabulary and Grammer
- Seating arrangement
- Coding - Decoding
- Blood relations
- Miscellaneous (Puzzles, Data Sufficiency, Analogy,Ordering & Ranking, Directions)
- Ratio , Proportion
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Time Speed & Distance
- Mixtures and Alligation
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Data Interpretation
- Permutation Combination
- Sequence & Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Number System
- How to Prepare Permutation & Combination for Banking Exams - Part 1 and Part 2
- How to Crack RBI Grade B Exam? Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Reference Books
- How to Prepare Reading Comprehension for Banking Exams
Syllabus for IBPS Clerk 2015:
The second step in preparation is getting acquainted with the syllabus for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2015.
1. English Language:
There will be 30 questions (easy to moderate difficulty) covering the following topics
In the reasoning section of IBPS Clerk 35 questions will be asked across all difficulty levels, with most of the questions falling under moderate difficulty level. The topics to be covered are:
3) Numerical Ability:
Comparatively, the toughest section IBPS Clerk Prelim 2015. The number of questions asked from Numerical Ability is 35, covering the following topics:
The article is written by Vaibhav Mehta, Education Consultant at www.MockBank.com, a Bengaluru based online Test Preparation Company for government/PSU jobs