The Union Public Services Commission has announced the exam time table for the Combined Defence Services Examination 2016. The Civil Services examination has been scheduled to be held on February 14, 2016.
The eligibility for various posts are as follows:
Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy: Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.
Naval Academy: Candidates should have a degreee in B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics as subjects or a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) from any recognised university.
Air Force Academy: Candidates should have a bachelor's degree and should have passed Class 12 with Physics and Mathematics as subjects. If they did not have Physics and Mathematics in Class 12, but have an engineering degree, they are eligible to apply.
Candidates in their final year of under-graduation are also eligible to apply, on the condition that they will produce proof of passing the degree level examination as per the schedule.
UPSC Combined Defence Services 2016 Exam Schedule/Important Dates
|The last date for submission of applications||December 4, 2015|
|The date of the UPSC CDS exam||February 14, 2016|
UPSC Combined Defence Services 2016 Exam Paper Pattern
- The examination will be in objective-type (Multiple Choice Questions) format
- The written exam for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy will carry questions on the subjects General Knowledge, English and Elementary Mathematics.
- Each section will be for a duration of two hours and will carry 10 marks, i.e. 300 marks in total.
- The written exam for Officers' Training Academy will test the candidates on Elementary Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- Following a similar patter, each section will be for a duration of two hours and will carry 100 marks each, i.e. a total of 200 marks.