Xavier Aptitude Test is national level entrance exam which brings you admission opportunities at many top B-schools including XLRI, XIMB, TAPMI, IMT and many more. In this article, we share preparation tips to crack XAT. Scores of this test are accepted by over 110 B-schools.
XAT is a pen and paper exam and is one of the most difficult B-school entrance examinations to crack.
A student appearing for XAT needs to focus on general awareness and should be well prepared with decision making. A candidate must also have sharpened his/her writing skills for he will have to write an essay along with other questions which are objective type.
The exam has about 90-100 questions which is supposed to be completed in 150 minutes. This section will include questions on English, Quantitative Aptitude, LR-DI and Decision Making. There will be a test on essay writing to be done in 20 minutes.
The marking scheme is most likely to be similar to that of the last year. All questions carry equal marks and a negative marking of 25% of the marks alloted to every wrong answer.
- Understand your strength and weaknesses for your preparation. This is important because, it will let you create your plan to focus more on your weaknesses and brush up your strengths.
- Plan your preparation so that you are able to complete your syllabus in time.
- Practice hard till you are perfect at the chapter and move ahead.
- It is vital for you to get familiar with the type of questions which may appear in the examination.
- It is important for you to solve the XAT examination papers from the previous five years. This will improve your ability to adapt to the type of questions appearing in the examination.
- Attempt the previous question papers with a timed approach, this help you gauge the time required and can enable to make any changes in your approach.
- Pick questions wisely, attempt the question paper as efficiently as possible.
- Practicing essays are crucial to doing well in the essay section.
- Have a fair knowledge of the contemporary topics will be beneficial.
XAT is surely difficult to crack but not impossible to crack. Doing it right without negative scoring matters most. Solve enough mock papers and practice all sections.