52% of IIT aspirants cracked JEE exam without coaching classes

52% IIT'ians are not from coaching classes


It is a keen observation that, in every class, there would be at least 12 students who want to crack the nations' toughest exam: JEE. After completion of Class 10th, students are interested to get admission to the coaching classes to prepare well for JEE.

A recent survey says that, around 52% of IIT aspirants cracked the JEE examination without attending the coaching classes.

Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) exam is conducted for admissions to engineering courses in Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) across the country.

According to the IIT Delhi report, 52% of the aspirants who qualified for JEE Advanced 2013 undertook the self-study mode of preparation, while the remaining 48% chose coaching centres.

The report also says that, around 61.4% of aspirants from Guwahati region, are among the highest percentage of students who have prepared on their own and qualified; whereas the remaining 38% went to coaching centres.

The report also reveals the data of the candidates listed zone wise. In Kanpur zone, 54.8% of students studied on their own and 45.2% of students went to coaching centres. In Roorkee zone, 55.1% students prepared on their own, while 44.9% of students went to coaching centres.

In Bombay zone, 52.6% of students prepared on their own, 47.4% of students went to coaching institutes. In Delhi zone, 52.9% of students prepared on their own, while 47.1% of students went to coaching centres.

In Madras zone, 39.4% of students took to self-study, while 60.6% of candidates went to coaching institutes.

When compared to the urban and rural regions, 8% of JEE-qualified candidates are from rural villages, 16% from towns and 75% from cities.

They also conducted the survey on students who are sons / daughters of the central government employees, business employees, private sector employees, agricultural background and highly educational qualified parents.

Report says, 29.8% of candidates belong to the families of government employees, 17.4% of students belongs to business families, 10% of students are from private sector families, 5.5% of students are from teachers and research families, 7.65% of students come from an agricultural background, 2.9% of students from a medical background, 4.6% of students from an engineering background and 7.8% of students from public sector families.

Based on their fathers' education, the report shows that 42.7% candidates who qualified are kids of graduate fathers. Only 27.9% candidates who cracked JEE came from families where the father is a postgraduate, while 13.3% were children of matriculate fathers, and 2.6% candidates had illiterate fathers.

You can read more Education related news here..

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X