The Goa University notifies that it invites application forms for admission to the 26th Annual Convocation, likely to be held in the month of January, 2014.
The registration is to be held online. Candidates who have qualified for conferment of various degrees/ award of diplomas for the academic year 2012-13 are requested to visit the Goa University website: http://www.unigoa.ac.in, to submit their applications online along with the prescribed fee.
Online applications shall be accepted from 15th October, 2013 onwards and available only till 15th November, 2013 only. Candidates seeking admission to more than one degree/ diploma are required to submit separate applications for each degree/ diploma and pay a separate fee in respect to each application.
Candidates who have qualified prior to the academic year 2012-13 and wish to apply for their convocation degree should also apply online from 15th Oct- to 15th Nov, 2013.
|Non Professional Degrees||B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, M.Com, M.Com.(DEM), M.Com(DE), M.A, M.Sc, M.Phil||Rs. 600/-|
|Professional Degrees||Ph.D and all other degrees/ diplomas||Rs. 900/-|
|Postal Charges||In respect to applicants staying outside the country and desirous of obtaining the degree by post||Rs. 350/-|
|In respect of applicants desirous of obtaining their degree in absentia (By post within India)||Rs. 100/-|
|Note: A search fee of Rs. 100/- per year will be charged if applied after 5 years from the date of passing.|
Here are a few instructions for candidates:
- M.B.B.S, B.A.M.S and B.H.M.S candidates, are required to successfully complete their internship training to be eligible to apply for the convocation degree.
- Candidates who have applied for revaluation and whose results are awaited are advised not to apply for the convocation as the degree will be awarded based on the earlier result.
- Candidates who do not have the facility or require assistance for applying Online can avail of the facility available at the Goa University Library/ Goa University Computer Centre/ Examination Centre.
- Candidates who have applied for the degree in person are requested to collect his/her degree/ diploma certificate from the university examination division within 21 days from the date of the convocation by producing the bank challan copy.
- Corrections/ mistakes if any, noticed in the degree/ diploma certificate should be brought to the notice of the chancellor of examinations, Goa University within 90 days from the date of the convocation. If the mistake is due to a wrong entry by the candidate while submitting the form online, the prescribed convocation fee will be recharged for reissue of the certificate.
- For any correction brought to the notice of the controller of examinations after 90 days, the candidate shall be required to make an additional payment of the prescribed fee for a fresh certificate.
- Mere acceptance of the convocation application form does not confer any right to the applicant's eligibility for the award of the degree/ diploma for which the application is submitted. Degrees will be issued after ascertaining the candidate's eligibility for the award of the same.