The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will be conducting the online preliminary examination on Aug 11 & 12 for Officers Scale-I and on Aug 19 & 25 for Office Assistants in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs). The preliminary examination consists of two sections, namely, reasoning and numerical ability. However, it will be quantitative aptitude in the name of numerical ability for Officers Scale-I.
The reasoning section in the online preliminary examination is the favourite section for many candidates because of the less number of negative marks. To clear the preliminary exam in IBPS RRB, scoring well in the reasoning section will help you gain the overall cut-off score. Here are the top 10 preparation tips to score well in the IBPS RRB 2018 reasoning section.
IBPS RRB Reasoning Tips
1. The first and foremost tip in the reasoning section is conceptual clarity. Try to clear ambiguity in the basic concepts.
2. It is always suggested to attempt all the questions in the reasoning section because of the scoring techniques. Be careful because there is negative marking.
3. The topic-wise preparation is the best way to deal with the reasoning section in the IBPS RRB 2018.
4. Solving the previous years' question papers will help you understand the weightage.
5. Try to prepare the important topics first to score well in the reasoning section.
6. The elimination strategy is the best method to score better for many topics in the reasoning section. Try to use only one trick.
7. The most important topics are data sufficiency, arrangement, blood relations, coding & decoding, linear seating arrangement, syllogisms and coded inequalities.
8. In the syllogism, try to find the answer based on the statements & conclusions. The best way to answer these questions is through drawing Venn diagrams.
9. Practise is most important for these sections rather than conceptual knowledge. The important topics are blood relations, coding-decoding, circular arrangements, ordering & ranking, directions & distances and ages & birth dates.
10. One can crack the answers of coding & decoding in less time by focusing on the numbers or alphabets.
Also Read: How To Start Preparing For IBPS RRB 2018