The board exams are about to conclude in a few days and the immediate focus of students will shift to the entrance examinations. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), one of the toughest medical entrance examinations in the country.
The NEET, conducted by the CBSE, is the only entrance examination in India for students to pursue the MBBS or BDS courses in medical colleges or institutes spread across the country. The competition is huge at one end and the syllabus is vast on the other. Students have to give equal importance to all the subjects including physics, chemistry and biology to earn a good score in the NEET.
Aspirants aiming to clear the NEET should know all the important topics at least a month in advance.Students should master these topics first because more than sixty percent of questions are likely to be asked from these topics. As the exam date for NEET is approaching, explore the important topics in NEET below.
Important Topics In Physics
- Ray Optics
- Photoelectric Effect and Electromagnetic Waves
- Semiconductors and Communication System
- Current Electricity
- Rotational Motion
- Waves and Sound
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Magnetic Effects of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
Important Topics In Chemistry
- General Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Alkanes, Alkenes, and Alkynes (Hydrocarbons)
- p Block Elements
- Carbonyl Compounds (Aldehydes and Ketones)
- Atomic Structure
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Ionic Equilibrium
- d and f Block Elements
Important Topics In Biology
- Cell - The Unit of Life
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Morphology of Flowering Plants
- Biological Classification
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Health and Disease
- Plant Kingdom
- Environmental Issues
- Human Reproduction
- Digestion and Absorption
- Chemical Coordination and Integration
The above mentioned topics are most important ones for the NEET exam. Aspirants who are aiming to clear with higher ranks should give equal importance to all the topics.
5 Tips To Crack In The First Attempt
- One has to clear their doubts immediately specially in the important topics.
- Refer to other publications but never keep NCERT books away.
- Always prepare topic-wise concept sheets, which will not only help you in revision but also on the last day of preparation.
- Try to solve the JEE level problems in Chemistry and Physics.
- Take the mock tests at regular intervals. Keep the difficult questions at end and complete the easier questions first. This will boost your confidence.