Every year, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will close the window of the online application process for the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Assistant Commandant (AC) in the month of May. The recruitment notification is released for the post of Assistant Commandant (Group A) in the CAPF. The applicants are also invited for the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
The Commission will conduct the written examination and physical efficiency test to select the candidates. The written examination consist of two papers. If you are one amongst the aspirants, you should also prepare meticulously for the written examination along with physical efficiency test and medical standards tests. With only over ten weeks left for the examination, here are the preparation tips for the CAPF Assistant Commandant written examination.
Know About The Exam
The CAPF Assistant Commandant written exam consists of two papers namely, General Ability and Intelligence (Paper I) and General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (Paper II). The Paper I will be of objective type and there will be penalty for every wrong answer. While coming to the Paper II, candidates have to answer the essay and comprehension questions. The Paper I and Paper II will be conducted for 250 and 200 marks respectively.
The qualifying marks for the each paper will be fixed by the commission. Aspirants have to remember that the Paper I will be evaluated first and evaluation of Paper II will be done only for those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper I.
Assess The Exam Syllabus
Aspirants have to put in more efforts for Paper I in order to get the evaluation status for Paper II. The syllabus of both the papers are explained in the official notification. Aspirants are suggested to visit the official website to know about the exam. While reading about the exam, we suggest candidates to solve the previous years' question papers to know the format of the questions which will make the preparation easy.
Prepare Based On Weightage
The competitive exam should be prepare strategically. Preparing based on the weightage is a good idea. The polity and question related to defence has the high weightage. More than 15 questions are expected on the geography and science. At least seven questions on the environment and economy.
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence Preparation Tips
- General Mental Ability: The questions will be based on the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability and data interpretation. Aspirants should be strong in the simplifications and data solving to score well in this section.
- General Science: This section usually tests the candidate's day-to-day observation in the areas such as biotechnology and environmental. Increase your scientific knowledge and be strong with the developments of day-to-day observation.
- Current Events: The current affairs of both national and international nature are important. The important areas in this section are culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business and globalisation.
- Indian Polity and Economy: Aspirants should be familiar with the political system along with the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration. The economic development in India is very important in this section. One should also be familiar with the regional and international security issues besides human rights.
- History of India: The focus should be more on the growth of nationalism and freedom movement. And be strong in the social, economic and political aspects in the history.
- Indian and World Geography: This test the candidate's knowledge in the physical, social and economic geography of both India and the world. Aspirants are advised to read the NCERT textbooks to gain good conceptual knowledge in simple language.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension Preparation Tips
- The essay is an important area to score well in this paper.
- The important topics for the essay questions are freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
- One has to develop the English language proficiency because the questions will be on the precis writing and comprehension.
- Improve your vocabulary and grammar with newspaper reading, which also helps in the current affairs.
- There is no need to panic about this paper, though it is focused more on the language testing.
- A simple grammar with analytical skills will make you safe in the exam.