The Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) has released a notification in the month of October for State Service Exam (SSE) 2018. It has started accepting the online applications from aspirants and will close the application window on January 5, 2019. Interested candidates who satisfy the eligibility conditions set by CGPSC can apply for the State Service Exam 2018.
The notification was released for the top positions in Chhattisgarh state. The selection of the candidates will be based on written examinations followed by an interview. When lakhs of candidates are gearing up for the CGPSC SSE, one should be aware of the test format and syllabus. To extend out support to aspirants, we have decided to display the CGPSC syllabus and test format which play a significant role in cracking the examination.
CGPSC SSE Exam Date
According to the official notification released by CGPSC, the selection of the candidates will be based on the written examination that consists of preliminary and main exams. The CGPSC SSE preliminary exam will be conducted on February 17, 2019. The test will be conducted in two sessions - 10 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 3 pm. However, the CGPSC SSE main exam will be conducted on June 21, 22, 23 and 24, 2019.
CGPSC SSE Selection Procedure
As stated above, the selection of the candidates will be based on written examinations followed by an interview. The written exams consist of preliminary and main exams. Candidates who qualify in the preliminary exam and obtain the minimum cut-off score released by CGPSC will be eligible to take the main examination. The shortlisted candidates in the main examination will be called for an interview.
CGPSC SSE Exam Pattern - Preliminary Exam
In the preliminary examinations, there will be two compulsory papers of two hours duration each. Both the question papers will have objective-type multiple-choice questions. There will be five choices of answers for each question out of which one is to be selected. There will be negative marking for the wrong answer.
The question papers are General Studies and Aptitude Test. These consist of 100 questions and 200 marks. The duration of the exam is two hours. However, 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
In each question paper, the essential qualifying marks for the unreserved category will be 33% and 23% for reserved categories and handicapped candidates. The second question paper - eligibility examination shall be of qualifying nature. Candidates have to note that marks obtained in the second question paper shall not be added while preparing the merit list for the main examination.
CGPSC Syllabus Preliminary: Question Paper 1 General Studies
It consists of two parts and there shall be 50 questions from each part. Each question will carry two marks.
Part I - General Studies
1. History of India and Indian national movement.
2. Physical, social & economic geography of India.
3. Constitution of India & polity.
4. Indian economy.
5. General science & technology.
6. Indian philosophy, art, literature & culture.
7. Current affairs & sports.
Part II - General Knowledge Of Chhattisgarh
1. History of Chhattisgarh & contribution of Chhattisgarh in the freedom movement.
2. Geography, climate, physical status, census, archaeological and tourist centres of Chhattisgarh.
3. Literature, music, dance, art and culture, idioms and proverbs, puzzle/riddle, singing of Chhattisgarh.
4. Tribes, special traditions, Teej and festivals of Chhattisgarh.
5. Economy, forest and agriculture of Chhattisgarh.
6. Administrative structure, local government and Panchayati Raj of Chhattisgarh.
7. Industry in Chhattisgarh, energy, water and mineral resource of Chhattisgarh.
8. Current affairs of Chhattisgarh.
CGPSC Syllabus Preliminary: Question Paper 2 Aptitude Test
1. Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
2. Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
3. Decision making and problem solving.
4. General mental ability.
5. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc. - Class X level), data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. - class X level).
6. Knowledge of Hindi language (class X level).
7. Knowledge of Chhattisgarh language.