Education in India has changed from one generation to the next. Certain perceptions about development and learning styles of a child has changed with new studies and findings. Evolution in education is natural as there is continuous research and experimental studies.
Education is not only affected by what is happening in the sector but also by the behavior of the rest of the society. Trends do not predict the future of education, rather the trends indicate the change in direction and emphasizes on the future of education.
Use of technology in education lets things to be done in an entirely different way. Digital tools have potential to enhance the performance and effectiveness of a student.
- Computer aided training will let students with learning difficulties to participate in mainstream classes.
- Learning can be made more student-centered.
- Teachers can use technology for data gathering, classroom management and also professional development.
Online Learning/ E-Learning
Online learning gives access to worldwide quality content. There is a concern that some kinds of online learning can be of low quality and in general can make education depersonalised.
- Many subjects can be taught through online learning to a variety of populations in different institutional settings.
- Online learning provides a large variety of learning programmes like videotaping lectures and materials like syllabus, assignments, homeworks and tests are posted online for anytime access.
- There are interactive sessions which use subject experts as tutors and take advantage of multiple feedback.
There are about 2 billion active social media users worldwide, which makes social media an inevitable trend in our way of life and also education.
- Social media offers better opportunities to use more information and knowledge.
- Social media helps students get a better direction to reach their goals.
- Students got closer to new ideas which helped them show their creativity.
Continuous learning is required as the knowledge or information in fields becomes outdated in a matter of years than lifetimes.
- Social change in workplace, job degeneration and changing life-styles are few reasons why an adult would need to learn continuously.
- We can expect to see lifelong learners, due to the changing world more individuals are going back to learning.
- More and more individuals are pursuing education in different ages.
Building up a teacher leadership and authority is another crucial part to a healthy classroom environment.
- Like classroom discipline and management, authority is an essential concept in teaching.
- Authority aids the teacher to manage and discipline the classroom effectively.
There is a increase in the number of senior citizens who are expected to be wealthier and more influenced by politics than their ancestors.
- This trend will make funding for the K-12 segment more challenging as the population ages.
- The population in the school-age will demand new updated infrastructure, this might be contradicted by the older owners.
Techniques have been developed to evaluate the future trends in the past few decades. An early detection of any trend gives decision makers an advantage in influencing the trend and to minimize the negative impacts and maximize positive impacts. Hence, identification and analysis of trend is useful in generating action to a preferred future.