The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) results on June 4. Over 13 lakh candidates appeared for this national-level medical entrance examination. The counselling process for an admission to the undergraduate medicine courses begins today, i.e., June 13, 2018.
The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts the counselling event for NEET. It has started the All India Quota (AIQ) counselling besides counselling for the deemed universities. The first round of the counselling process will be conducted for the 15% AIQ seats in government medical and dental colleges across all states (except J&K). Candidates who secured ranks in NEET UG are suggested to check all the important information meticulously before the registration closes.
NEET AIQ Counselling Procedure
- The NEET 2018 counselling will be conducted in two rounds online.
- The counselling process is the same for all the universities that include the deemed and central universities.
- The first step is the registration and the link is active now.
- After registration, one should start choosing the courses and colleges of their preference.
- Once the choice filling and locking is done, the counselling authority will publish the seat allotment result for round 1.
- Candidates who have got a seat can either select or reject the seat before the last date. One who wishes to avail the seat will have to report to the allotted college before the last date of reporting.
- Round 2 will also have the same counselling procedure.
NEET Counselling Schedule
The registration and choice filling for the first round will take place between June 13 and June 18, 2018. The locking of the choice will happen on June 19, 2018. However, the results of the first round will be declared on June 22, 2018. The dates are same for the counselling of the deemed and central universities. To know more about the counselling schedule, click here.
NEET Counselling Scheme For AIQ 2018
Students who passed with flying colours should not miss this step. Though it is just another piece of information on the process of counselling, understand that you need to make yourself familiar with the admission process. To know about the scheme of online All India Quota UG Counselling 2018, click here.
Participating Institutes In NEET 2018 Counselling
A candidate has to be very careful while registering. One should also keep with themselves the list of participating institutes to avoid the last-minute rush. A total of 452 institutes are participating in the NEET UG 2018 counselling. To know more about the list of participating institutes, click here.
NEET State Counselling 2018
After the 15% of All India Quota (AIQ), 85% seats are reserved for the respective states. After the completion of the AIQ counselling of NEET, the state counselling will begin in the respective states. Every state follows its own schedule.
NEET 2018 Counselling FAQs
The organisers of the counselling have recently released the FAQs for 15% All India Quota /Deemed/Central Universities/ESIC/AFMS. Candidates who are aiming for the AIQ are suggested to go through the questions and answers to avoid ambiguity over counselling, if any. To know the FAQs, click here.
NEET UG Seat Matrix Round 1
The official seat matrix is available on the official website of MCC. This year, a total of 4064 MBBS seats and 329 BDS seats are available for the first round of the counselling process of the 15% All India Quota. Compared to last year, there is an increase of seats because of the merging of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in the admission process. Here are the links.
- ESIC Seats
- Deemed Universities Seats Dental
- Deemed Universities Seats Medical
- Central Universities Seats Dental
- Central Universities Seats Medical
- All India Quota Seats Dental
- All Quota Seats Medical