As soon as you enter your workplace, your first and foremost thought is directed towards checking your emails. Accordingly, you are prompted to login to your email account on your desktop, laptop or smartphone.
Nowadays, any profession requires you to be good at corresponding with people through email. No doubt! Sometimes, perhaps, while in a hurry to send emails, it is possible that you may commit some common mistakes. It is always essential to avoid these errors while you are replying to these emails. By doing this, you can play safe for the prosperity of your organisation.
Following these tips will enable you to avoid most of the common email mistakes that you may perform.
• Do not forget to use a simple greeting at the beginning of your conversation with your client. While ending the email also, you need to follow this etiquette. This helps you to build your brand, professionalism and the business image of your organisation. This is a very vital.
• Your reply email may not contain a professional image if grammar, spelling and punctuation are not taken care of.
• You must carefully reread any reply prior to sending it.
• The email that you write should be short and crisp, but refer to the concerned subject.
• In case it requires a long explanation, you should utilise another way of communication.
• The email that you write should not tarnish your professional work. It should be presented properly.
• Every reply should contain a subject line in your email. This subject line should always be changed while referring to a new topic of conversation.
• You should reply individually to every email that you receive. Never use the 'Reply All' option to all recipients. This may be annoying to them.
• Avoid using the phrase, 'to whomsoever it may concern'. This attitude indicates your inefficiency in addressing your clients.
• You can address the client by naming them or the position they hold.
• Avoid using unnecessary short forms of words like, appt in place of appointment. Using emojis in your reply emails is another common mistake. Avoid them completely. They are not considered professional.
• Do not forget to give more attention while giving all the details in the email. This will indicate that you have taken sufficient care to reply.
• Names of the products and services must be spelt correctly. Double check the spelling to ensure accuracy.
• Avoid inserting names of products, all in caps or in lower cases. Take sufficient care to format the email properly.
• Even small details that you give in your reply will speak volumes to your client.
• There is no need to include personal details while answering business emails.
• Since your voice cannot be heard, convey the exact message through proper words in the email. Bold letters should be used only if required.
• Answer emails point wise. It helps the clients to understand easily.
It is vital that you should consider a few more points carefully while answering emails. Sometimes you may send a partial reply by mistake. This can be avoided by composing the complete message and then writing the client's name.
Forwarding attachment to an email is extremely important where necessary. You might forget to do so in a hurry. The best remedy is to add the attachment first, before drafting the body of the email. Next, you should check the required attachment carefully before sending the email.
It is imperative for you to sign your name before sending any email. This type of mistake speaks about your carelessness.
It is not advisable for you to reply to any email when you are stressed or angry. You can relax a bit and reply later. This is extremely important while answering business emails.
Adhering to these several tips will assist you in achieving success in your career.