If you are one amongst the 2.24 lakh candidates appearing for JEE Advanced, then believe that you have won half the battle. Compared to JEE Main, taking JEE Advanced is a bit difficult as the competition is amongst the best vs the best, just like in our IPL. Hardly, a week left for JEE Advanced and how you prepare during the final days will determine how you perform in the exam. Here are the last-minute tips you need to know to crack JEE Advanced.
Last-minute Tips For Chemistry In JEE Advanced
Chemistry is also one of the important subjects which play a significant role in attaining a good score. The weightage for organic and inorganic chemistry is almost equal; hence, we suggest aspirants focus on both.
During the last days of the preparation, never waste much time on practising the lengthy questions in physical chemistry. Learn the laboratory experiments thoroughly. Give special attention to organic chemistry, which can fetch you more marks.
Revise all the reactions and their mechanisms besides practising at least five questions everyday. Study topics such as biomolecules and chemistry in everyday life.
Last-minute Tips For Physics In JEE Advanced
There is a lot of difference between physics in JEE Main and Advanced. The questions in physics are a bit difficult in JEE Advanced. One will never come across a question which you can solve with a direct formula. Speed is required while attempting the physics section; however, accuracy is also important because of the negative marking.
You can gain more marks in electrostatics and mechanics if you are good at deriving the basic formulae. The questions from the wave optics will be a bit difficult and one can score well in the geometrical optics. Go through all your laboratory experiments because direct questions might appear.
Last-minute Tips For Mathematics In JEE Advanced
Many students commit mistakes during the last week of JEE preparations such as reading new topics, referring new books and learning new shortcuts. These have to be avoided specifically for the mathematics subject.
Be thorough with coordinate geometry and calculus, which can increase your score. Revise all the important properties and equations. Never dedicate much time for practising the topics in algebra during the last days of the preparation.
Probability, vectors and 3D are the scoring topics. Master the basic inequalities in the trigonometry and complex numbers.
Last-minute Topics To Read In JEE Advanced
- Physics: refraction, electrostatics, laws of thermodynamics and electric current
- Chemistry: p-block elements, chemical bonding, carboxylic acids and its derivatives, d-block and f-block elements and alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes
- Mathematics: vector, definite integration, application of derivatives, limits, continuity and differentiability, probability and conic sections
Last-minute Tips To Crack JEE Advanced
- Do not be lethargic even if you topped JEE Main.
- Revise and master the formulae, theorems and reactions during the last days.
- Be thorough with your favourite topics and try to minimise your weaknesses.
- Practise the previous years' question papers.
- Never give space for any ambiguity on topics.
- Try to take at least one mock test daily during the last seven days.
- Never spend more than 45 minutes on each subject while taking the exam.
- Never spend too much time in solving a single question.
- Don't panic and give it your best if you think the paper is more difficult than you anticipated.