A percentage is a quantity or ratio that is stated as a fraction of hundred. There are no dimensions to percentages. This is a fraction or ratio in which the total is represented by the number 100. By dividing the given value by the actual number and multiplying by 100, the percentage may be calculated. [(value given/total value)x100] is the formula for calculating percentages. Percentage calculation is an important topic that should be taught to students from the beginning because it appears in several chapters, either directly or indirectly. Students also get idea of calculating their overall marks percentage.
Learning to calculate percentages will assist students in comprehending how percentage calculation works for them in studying for upcoming tests, as it will allow them to determine the percentage of marks obtained.
How To Calculate Percentage of Marks?
You can apply the following formulas if you want to learn how to calculate the percentage of marks. To figure out how to compute a student's percentage of marks in an exam, divide the student's total marks (in all subjects) by the maximum marks, then multiply the result by 100.
For instance, if a student receives 95 out of 100 in Maths, 85 out of 100 in Physics, and 75 out of 100 in Chemistry, the student's total marks are (95+85+75) = 255 out of (100+100+100) =300.
As a result, the student's percentage of marks obtained Equals (255/300) X 100% = 85 percent. [percentage of marks formula].
This formula will always assist you in determining the percentage of marks secured.
Tips And Tricks For Calculating Percentages
Here are some simple tips and tricks for calculating the percentage of any number quickly.
1. What is 5% of 1220?
- 10% of 1220 equals 122.
- You are aware that 5% equals half of 10%. As a result, half of 122 equals 61.
2. What is 15% of 400?
- The result of 10% of 400 is 40.
- As you may know, 5 percent equals half of 10%. As a result, 5% of 400 equals 40/2 = 20.
- So if you add 10% of 400 and 5% of 400, you'll get 15% of 400, or 40 + 20 = 60.
- Another option is to just multiply 15 by 4. Two zeros aren't important because they'll be cancelled out by 100.
3. What is the formula for calculating 85 percent of a number?
- Number - (15 percent of Number) = Answer
4. How much is 20% of 400?
- Simply multiply 2 by 40 which will be 80. Forget about the one zero in each of 20 and 400, because 100 cancels out two zeros.
5. What percentage of 400 is 3 percent?
- 1 percent of 400 equals 4.
- Multiply 1 percent by 3 to get (3 percent of 400) = 4 * 3 = 12.