Choosing a course to study after class 12 is an important stage of a student life. After all the stressing out for marks and the toil a student undergoes to score in board exams, the fruit of it would be earned only if he or she chooses the right career path. But how to do it?
For a majority of them, the parents choose the career that they feel is the best for their ward. For a minor chunk who are determined, they pick their own courses. But is it the right choice for a future career? Will you even have a future through the course that you choose? Here are the answers to your questions. Read these valuable tips to choose the right course to study after class 12.
Pick your favourite subject
Many at times we think that the subjects we love are not the ones that have a good scope for the future. You might hear all kinds of freaky stories from people who discourage you about taking the career path of your desire.
They could tell you the poor facilities available to get into a career through Biotechnology or tell you that English literature is only about fantasizing dramas and nothing more. But this is one time when you have to listen to your heart instead of the usual practice of listening to your brain.
Once you identify your favourite subjects, surf the internet and jot down all possible kinds of jobs that are available in that field. Its okay if some jobs are available only abroad.
Your heart's desire could take you to far away places or dream about it and aim for it. If you feel too sceptical about travelling abroad, it is still okay. You could eliminate such jobs in the second round of filtering. You at least get to know the possibilities.
Cross out those that do not fit your profile. Now, with the ones you have checked, it is easier to move ahead confidently to choose your dream course.
In the crossing out and checking in part for your dream careers and courses, remember to follow certain parameters for a holistic approach.
Here are some of them to consider:
- Scope for job opportunity - Check out the companies having such posts
- Value for money - Like the myth that most parents have, the world is not entirely about medicine and engineering alone. You could draw a good salary with any course if only you are passionate about it. So check out which job suits you to be contented enough with the money you would like to earn. (Warning: Don't be happy with a meagre sum as it might jeopardise your future)
- Space for innovation: Innovation does not only cover scientist jobs. Every field has its own space and scope for innovation. So dream how you could innovate in a career field. This could get you closer to decide your course programme.
- E-Learning Trends 2018: 8 Ways Digitisation Makes Studying Addictive
- 6 Highest Paying Tech Jobs 2018 With Bright Scope
You might have idea about the course and career you want to get inside. But have you ever thought about the colleges and the availability of such a course? A google search for the colleges having same or similar course would fill your knowledge tank with a range of ideas. Course in a premium college would make your life secured than choosing something niche in an unknown college. So prioritise this.
Being strong with your decisions requires a good EQ (Emotional Quotient) along with IQ (Intelligence Quotient). Elders could be stuck with a confined view on career opportunities or driven towards settling in life at the earliest. Convincing them could be the toughest task. But hold on.
When you have thoroughly completed the above mentioned tasks, you know your facts well to fight for your dreams and dive into it straight. Some parents need to be convinced, some consoled and some rebelled against. But every bit of it is going to be worth it if you make the effort to be passionate of what you choose.