This March the board exams held by the Central Board of Secondary Education will commence from the 5th of the month. There is less than a month left for the CBSE Science exam 2018 that is scheduled on 16 March 2018 and this is the time for students to look into the important topics in the subject to cover in their study holidays.
CareerIndia helps you with CBSE Class 10 Science important topics, sample answer papers and model question papers to help you ace in the exam with ease.
CBSE Class 10 Science 2018 Paper Pattern
Total number of questions - 27
|Total Marks||Marks Per Answer||Number Of Questions||Question Series Number|
|1||1||2||Q1 and Q2|
|6||2||3||Q3 to Q5|
|30||3||10||Q6 to Q15|
|30||5||6||Q16 to Q21|
|12||2||6||Q22 to Q27|
Chapter-wise Important Topics In CBSE Class 10 Science
|1||Chemical Reactions and Equations|
|2||Acids, Bases and Salts|
|3||Metals and Non-Metals|
|4||Carbon and its Compounds|
|5||Periodic Classification of Elements|
|7||Control and Coordination|
|8||How Do Organisms Reproduce|
|9||Heredity and Evolution|
|10||Light Reflection and Refraction|
|11||Human Eye and Colourful World|
|13||Magnetic Effects of Electric Current|
|14||Sources of Energy|
|16||Management of Natural Resources|
Here are some important questions and solved answers for your reference.
Name the reducing agent in the following reaction:
3 MnO2 + 4AI ----> 3Mn + 2Al2O3
Which is more reactive - Mn or Al and why?
Al is the reducing agent because Al is more reactive than Mn because Aluminium displaces Manganese from its oxide.
Acids Bases and Salts
What is the acid present in the following food?
1) Tomato 2) Vinegar 3) Tamarind
1) Tomato - Oxalic acid
2) Vinegar - Acetic acid
3)Tamarind - Tartaric acid
Metals And Non-Metals
Justify the following statements
1. School bells are made up of metals.
2. Electric wires are made of copper.
1. Metals are sonorous in nature. They produce sound when struck with a hard substance. That is why school bells are made up of metals.
2. Copper is a good conductor of electricity. So electric wires are made of copper.
Carbon And Its Compounds
Name the functional groups
1. -OH 2. -COOH
1. Alcohol group 2. Carboxylic acid group
Periodic Classification of Elements
Chlorine, bromine and iodine form a Dobereiner's triad. The atomic masses of chlorine and iodine are 35.5 and 126.9 respectively. Predict the atomic masses of bromine.
Atomic mass of Br = [35.5 + 126.9]/2
CBSE Class 10 Science Papers
In order to find the previous years question papers and solved answer papers, check out the links below:
- CBSE Class 10 Science Model Annual Answer Paper 2017
- CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Question Paper 2017-2018
- CBSE Science previous years question papers and sample papers complete list