The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), one of the reputed entrance examinations in India, is all set to be held on Apr 29, 2018. The examination is conducted for the admission to 5-year Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch) programmes spread across various institutes in the country.
The organising body of the NATA, Council of Architecture (COA), has been conducting the examination since 2006. And this test can't be combined with the tests for admissions to Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine and other disciplines because it requires a separate aptitude test.
The last date to fill the applications for the NATA has been extended till Mar 30, 2018. This year, the organising body has rolled out a few changes in the application process, including the Aadhaar card number mandatory for registration and increase of registration fee from INR 1500 to INR 1800. The COA has also changed the examination pattern. As the exam date is approaching, let's explore all the key areasof NATA.
The Part-A comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), which will be conducted online. The Part-B has to be answered on A4 size drawing sheet. And two marks will be awarded for every correct answer in Part-A. In the drawing paper, the answer paper will be examined by two examiners independently and the average marks will be considered for the final.
|Subject||No of Questions||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Part-A (90 Minutes)|
|Part-B (90 Minutes)|
A minimum of 25% marks must be secured in Part-A and Part-B i.e., 30 out of 120 and 20 out of 80, respectively. However, the overall qualifying marks will be based on the post-exam statistics. And the score card is valid only for this academic session 2018-19.
1. Mathematics: Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3 Dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and Combination and Statistics and Probability.
2. General Aptitude: Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment. Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations. Mathematical reasoning and Sets and Relations.
3. Drawing Test: Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of patterns - both geometrical and abstract. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Perspective drawing and sketching.
Top Colleges/Institutes Accept NATA Score
1. Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee
2. Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirapalli
3. Department of Architecture, NIT Calicut
4. Department of Architecture, BIT, Mersa
5. R V School of Architecture, RVCE, Bangalore
6. Institute of Architecture, Gujarat
7. Sri Venkateswara College of Architecture, Hyderabad
8. Sir J J College of Architecture, Mumbai
9. Angel Valley School of Architecture, Chhattisgarh
10. Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
11. Dignity College of Architecture, Chhattisgarh
12. Guwahati College of Architecture, Assam
13. Sinhgad College of Architecture, Pune
14. Rizvi College of Architecture (RCA), Mumbai
15. Vastu Kala Academy, New Delhi
As the NATA 2018 is going to happen on Apr 29, 2018 aspirants are suggested to subscribe us for the preparation tips.
Also Read: NATA 2018 Notification Released: Check Now!