Teaching is a profession which is challenging, exciting and rewarding, all at the same time. A teacher has the ability to influence a student's life in a positive manner. They have a huge hand in shaping the citizens of tomorrow. The lessons imparted by a good teacher stays with a student forever.
Here are a few ways you can become the best teacher in the world to your students.
1. Should be passionate: To be the best at anything, passion is a necessary quotient. Teachers should have a passion for the subject they teach and share that love with their students. They should constantly strive to improve their knowledge in it, thereby giving their students the highest level of education possible. Teachers who are passionate about their work also encourage creativity in their students, which help them to think for themselves.
2. Should be approachable: Having a good relationship with the students is a necessity. Teachers should be warm, approachable people. They should be good listeners. Children should feel comfortable not only in clarifying their subject-related doubts with the teachers, but also in sharing general dilemmas or concerns which they may have. Students may face many kind of problems in their lives like peer pressure, bullying, etc. Having a compassionate person they can talk to and discuss their problems with, is a boon for any student.
3. Should be organised: Having good organisational skills is another paramount characteristic of a great teacher. It would give a better structure to their teaching pattern and it would ensure good study habits among their children. Teachers need to have high expectations from each of their students which would make them work harder and perform to the best of their ability, in and outside of the classroom.
4. Should share a great rapport with parents/guardians: Teachers should have a good relationship with the parents of their students. They should communicate with them on a regular basis and keep them updated about the progress of their children in all areas. This would help the parents get a better idea about the academic program and would make them understand how they can assist their children to become better students.
5. Should be open to change: Teachers face new challenges everyday while dealing with different kinds of students. Great teachers must be open to changing their teaching techniques if they feel that the students find their style of teaching difficult to understand. They should be self-critical and patient enough to adapt to their students' needs. They should be willing to work beyond the required number of hours to hone their teaching skills to perfection.
To be the best teacher in the world requires a lot of dedication, humility, diligence and positivity. They would inspire their students to do better in every aspect of their lives. They would constantly correct them, set them on the right path and teach them important life's lessons like respect and courtesy. They would strive towards making the community a better place.