The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced a scholarship scheme for meritorious students who are single girl child and have passed class 10 in 2017 and renewal of 2016.
Single girl students
- The candidates should have secured 60 per cent/6.2 CGPA or more marks/grades in CBSE Class 10 examination and are studying class 11 and 12 in school (affiliated with CBSE).
- The tuition fee should not be more than Rs 1,500 during the academic year
Duration of scholarship and its renewal
The scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one year i.e.successful completion of class 11. Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50 per cent or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class.
The rate of the scholarship shall be Rs 500 per month. A scholarship awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years.
What does the CBSE official notification read?
According to the official website,
- Student should have passed class 10 examination from the CBSE and secured 6.2 CGPA or more
- Pursuing class 11 and 12 from CBSE affiliated schools
- Student (Girl) should be only child of their parents
- Original affidavit duly attested by the first class judicial magistrate/SDM/Executive Magistrate/Notaryas per prescribed format available on the board's website. (Photocopy of affidavit will not be accepted)
Application form should be attested by the school principal from where the student is pursuing class 11 after passing class 10 from board's examination
Tuition fee should not be more than Rs 1,500 per month in Class 10 and 10 per cent enhancement for Class 11 and 12.
How to apply for the CBSE scholarship?
Interested candidates can apply through the official website, cbse.nic.in
Candidates can submit the application form duly filled and signed confirmation page to 'Scholarship Unit, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Delhi - 110092' through a proper channel so as to reach before the closing date.
For deadline or other queries, candidates can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.