The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania is conducting an online course on 'Digital Marketing, Social Media and E-Commerce for Your Business'. The course enables you to learn How to Build the marketing skills in the Digital Economy.
About the Course:
In this course, you will gain an understanding of how the digital economy works and develop the critical insights necessary to succeed in e-commerce and digital and social media marketing.
The fixed and mobile Internet and related technologies exert a profound influence on how business and social institutions evolve, how they are challenged-and sometimes, even displaced. If you're an entrepreneur, investor, manager, or student, you need thoughtful approaches to navigate and win in this new environment.
This course is organised around four broad themes and we will use relevant theory and analysis, as well as numerous practical examples to develop our key learning points.
The themes are:
- Behavioral foundations for understanding and navigating the new online-offline landscape
- New forms of interaction, including formation of networks and reputation building
- Tools and principles of digital marketing action including online advertising on fixed and mobile devices
- New media platforms and emergence of "organic" celebrities and communities
This course is beneficial to marketing professionals, analysts, entrepreneurs, small business owners, investors, and consumers This course evolved from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School's very first course on digital marketing and e-commerce.
Week 1: Behavioral Foundations
- Overall Introduction to the Course
- Online-Offline Overview
- New Business Models of the Digital Economy: Principles and Examples
- Introduction to GRAVITY (Geography, Resistance, Adjacency, Vicinity, Isolation, Topography and You)
Week 2: New Forms of Interaction
- Frictions and Commerce
- Variety and the Digital Economy
- Online-Offline Interaction and the Omni Channel World
- Reputation and Reviews
Week 3: Tools and Principles
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Assets
- Digital Marketing Tools and Tactics: A Taxonomy
- Online Advertising: Approaches and Principles
- Earned and Integrated Media
- Mobile Engagement
Week 4: New Media Platforms
- Networks Effects
- Social Advertising and Social Targeting
- Viral Product Features and Viral Content
- Organic Celebrity, Persuasion, and Sentiment
- Online Community and Models of Influence
- Course strats on: April 11
- Course Length: 6 weeks