Introduction to Sensing planet earth from core to outer space is a free online course offered by the ChalmersX university.
This course answers to all your questions has to why is the earth flat? Will this year be the hottest year ever? How fast is the rain forest disappearing?
And, Learn about the crucial tools for measuring and monitoring our planet.
The Chalmers University of Technology conducts research and offers education in technology, science, shipping and architecture with a sustainable future as it's global vision.
Chalmers is well-known for providing an effective environment for innovation and has eight priority areas of international significance- Built Environment, Energy, Information and Communication Technology, Life Science, Materials Science, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Production, and Transportation.
Interested candidates can enroll for this course on or before March 1, 2017.
About this course?
- In this course, we will take you on a virtual journey covering different Earth observation tools.
- In the course modules, we cover the most crucial measurement tools for solid Earth, the atmosphere, and the biosphere.
- Our experts will give you first-hand insights why, where, and how those techniques are applied and they will show you how sensors work in space, on aircraft's, and on the ground.
- You will be given insights on how you can use data from various sensors to better understand our living planet and how it changes.
- Together with your fellow learners all over the world, you will conduct joined experiments that demonstrate, how easy it is to sense the Earth's environment.
- On top of that, world-renowned experts will be interviewed - telling you why they think it is so important that we study our planet.
- Join us and let's sense planet Earth together!
What is learnt?
- How we measure solid earth, atmosphere, and biosphere.
- How to judge the quality and reliability of earth observations.
- How to compare measurement tools.
- How we apply earth observations to better understand our planet.
Duration of the course:
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 5 weeks
- Price: Free
- Institution: ChalmersX
- Subject: Energy & Earth Sciences
- Level: Introductory
- Languages: English
- Video transcripts: English
For further information & to register click here: https://www.edx.org/course/sensing-planet-earth-core-outer-space-chalmersx-chm003x-0