The Department of Income Tax will soon we undergoing a big overhaul with the launch of a new ITR Filing portal that will become operational on June 7, 2021 with the objective of providing taxpayers better convenience and seamless experience with a modern touch.
The launch of a new ITR Filing portal, however, will result in the suspension of E-filing services from June 1, 2021 to June 6, 2021. In the wake of this, the taxpayers are advised to avail e-filing service or submit a response by May 31, 2021 or on the new ITR Filing portal that will be available for the taxpayers on June 7, 2021 to file their income tax returns (ITR) and perform other tasks related to tax services.
e-Filing portal services will not be available from 1st-6th June,2021. If you need to avail any e-filing service or submit a response, pl do so by 31st May, 2021 or on our new portal https://t.co/GYvO3n9wMf 7th June, 2021 onwards— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) May 24, 2021
Stay Tuned!#NewPortal #eFiling #EasingCompliance pic.twitter.com/iTzAdPVxzY
New ITR Filing portal And Key Features
The floating of a new ITR Filing portal by the IT Department that will become functional on June 7, 2021 will be improvised and provided with novel exciting features that will be user-friendly and more convenient to the taxpayers.
The new E-filing services under the ITR Filing portal will have following distinctive features:
- The new ITR Filing portal is integrated with the immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) that will issue quick refunds to taxpayers
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by the taxpayer
- The E-filing services portal will be equipped with cost-free ITR preparation software - online and offline with interactive questions to help taxpayers fill ITR even without any tax knowledge, with prefilling, for minimizing data entry effort
- A new call center for taxpayer assistance for addressing taxpayer queries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos, and chatbot/live agent will be added
- All key portal functions on the desktop will be available on Mobile App which will be enabled subsequently for full anytime access on the mobile network
- A new online tax payment system on the new ITR Filing portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options using net banking, UPI, Credit Card and RTGS/NEFT from any account of the taxpayer in any bank, for easy payment of taxes.
All taxpayers and stakeholders involved can switch over to the upcoming E-filing services portal from the existing ITR filing website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in to the new ITR filing portal at www.incometax.gov.in that will get operational from June 7, 2021 onwards.