Indian Army has released a recruitment notification for filling up Jag Entry Scheme posts. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on the official website before February 13, 2018.
Indian Army Vacancy Details:
- Name of the post: Jag Entry Scheme
- Number of posts: 14 (Men: 07; Women: 07)
- Job Location: All Over India
Eligibility Criteria For Indian Army Recruitment:
Candidates applying for Judge Advocate General Branch (Jag) Entry Scheme must be Law Graduates (Unmarried Men & Women) for Grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army.
Educational Qualification For Indian Army Recruitment:
- Candidates must hold 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after Graduation or five years after 10+2 examination).
- The candidates must be eligible for registration as an Advocate with Bar Council of India/ State and also should be from a College/ University recognised by Bar The Council of India
- Candidates must be between 21 to 27 years as on July 1, 2018 (Born not earlier than July 2, 1991, & not later than 01 July 1997 both dates inclusive).
Tenure Of Engagement For Indian Army Recruitment:
- Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission (SSC) in the regular Army for 14 years i.e for an initial period of 10 years extended by a further period of 4 years.
Period Of Probation For Indian Army Recruitment:
- An officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he/ she receives the commission.
Payscale For Indian Army Recruitment:
|Rank||Level||Pay In Rupees|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100- 1,77,500/-|
|Captain||Level 10B||61, 300- 1,93,900/-|
|Major Level||Level 11||69,400 - 2,07,200/-|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||1,21, 200- 2,12,400/-|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600- 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 - 2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200- 2,18,200/-|
|Lt General HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200 - 2,24,100|
|Lt Gen HAG + Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 - 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr / Lt Gen (NFSG)||Level 17||2, 25,000/-(fixed)|
- For Military Service (MSP) posts: MSP to the officers from the rank of Lt to Brig INR 15,500/- p.m. fixed.
How Is The Selection Process Done For Indian Army Recruitment?
- The candidates are selected based on their performance in SSB interview.
- Integrated HQ of MOD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off a percentage of marks without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their registered email.
- After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates on a first come first served basis, up to a specified date, as notified on the website
Physical Standards For Indian Army Recruitment:
- Height & Weight: The minimum acceptable height & weight for men is 157.5 cm with correlated weight and for the women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg.
How To Apply For Indian Army Recruitment?
- Log on to Indian Army Careers Page at the official website.
- Eligible candidates are advised to open Notification.
- Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility.
- Click on Officers Entry 'Apply/Login' and then click 'Registration'.
- Follow onscreen instructions for registration.
Indian Army JAG Entry Posts- Important Dates:
- Starting Date for Submission of Application: January 16, 2018
- Last date for Submission of Application: February 13, 2018
For more information about the job notification: