India Post has invited applications for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) for Kerala & Uttar Pradesh postal circles. There are a total of 6507 vacancies available. 1193 vacancies are for the GDS post in Kerala postal circle and 5314 vacancies in Uttar Pradesh postal circle.
The interested candidates can apply online for the selection as per the schedule on the official website.
The incomplete applications or applications submitted after the last date will be rejected. The candidates have to make sure that they meet the required qualification to be eligible to be selected for the vacancy.
Important date for India Post Recruitment 2017
- The applications began on October 30, 2017.
- The last date for the submission of online applications is November 29, 2017.
Vacancies for India Post Office Recruitment 2017
- Kerala : 1193 Vacancies
- Uttar Pradesh : 5314 Vacancies
Eligibility Criteria for India Post Office Recruitment 2017
- The candidates must have finished class 10 or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- The candidate must posses basic computer knowledge.
- The candidates are requested to go through the official notification for more information.
- The candidate must be minimum of 18 years of age and maximum of 40 years
- Check the official notification for information related to age relaxation.
Selection Process for India Post Recruitment 2017
The selection procedure for the India Post Office Recruitment 2017 for GDS posts will be based on the Merit List of 10 standard.
Application Fee for India Post Office Recruitment 2017
- The candidates who belong t0 General and OBC categories have to pay application fee for the submission of online application for the recruitment is Rs. 100.
- There is no fee for female candidates and candidates who belong to SC/ST/PH categories.
The fee is to be paid through offline mode at the Head Post Office.
How to Apply for India Post Office Recruitment
- Visit the official website of the India Post Office - www.appost.in
- Check for the GDS notification
- Go through the notification to see if you are eligible for the post.
- Register your self through the the link for New Registration on the home page.
- Apply online with a register number
- Enter all your details and upload scanned photograph and signature
- Submit the applications
- Download and take a print out for future reference
- Pay the application fee offline before or on the last date