Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi is all set to conduct Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) 2014 offline examination on 06th April 2014.
We are providing some important tips to prepare for the JEE entrance test ;
This is the second common entrance test conducted by the CBSE and clearing the JEE main is not a difficult task. A systematic approach needed while preparing for it. Candidates have to refer some old questions papers, subject wise.
- Avoid looking at the questions asked in IIT exams.
- Avoid writing lengthy solutions for problems.
- Don't follow too many study materials, follow one study material and revise it and prepare well.
- Sample questions are not the sample of your existing exam paper. Hence use sample papers only to test yourself as mock testing.
Also Read: Important Tips to prepare for JEE Main 2014
- Refer class 11th and 12th syllabus and prepare some short notes on the important topics.
- Do not worry, if the first two hours of the paper prove to be average for you. Make sure that you do well in third hour.
- Your target should be to solve one-third of the paper to be able to make it to top 1.5 lakh candidates.
- You should know the technique of marking system and work on it smartly so that you will know what, which, and how much to write for respective marks provided to the questions.
Last minute Tips:
- Try conventional methods.
- Go through the concepts related to the problem once again and see how they can be applied to the problem at hand.
- Try to relate to real life situation. It will help you to analyse it better.
- Practice similar problems.
- Doing 100 quality and concepts-based questions is more important than doing 1000 questions.
- Devise your own shortcuts and ways to tackle particular kind of problems.
- Try to do some two dimensional drawings, visualising different sides of three dimensional objects and also analytical reasoning and mental ability.