An employment notification has been released by the High Court of Gujarat calling out for interested, eligible candidates to apply for court jobs for the positions of Legal Assistant. The positions are on ad-hoc basis and contractual basis. Employees will be recruited temporarily initially for a period of 11 months. It is extendable on a periodical basis, up to a maximum period of three years.
Number of posts: 17
Name of the posts: Legal Assistant
Those who would like to apply for this post must possess a degree in law from any university in India or any institution recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Those studying in the fifth year of a five year law course can also apply for the same, and their final selection would be subject to their passing of the fifth year examination of LLB, prior to their appointment.
The age of the candidates applying for these posts must not exceed 35 years and must be minimum 18 years.
The selected candidates will be getting a monthly salary of Rs 15,000.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of a computer based (online) examination, main written examination and viva voce test.
How to apply for court jobs at Gujarat?
The interested persons for these posts are required to apply at the official website, www.hc-ojas.guj.nic.in.
The last date for submission of online application is April 15.
Roles of a Legal Assistant
- Providing administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handling communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively supporting and attending trials
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimony
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars