The nursery admission process will begin from December 27, 2017. A total of 1,13,991 students applied for the admission in the entry-level classes and 31,269 students got selected through computerized lots of draw in 2017.
The Delhi government had raised the upper age limit for admission to entry-level classes under the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Disadvantaged Group (DG) category, by a year.
The government had in 2015 fixed upper age limit for admissions to pre-school (nursery), pre-primary (KG) and class I as 4 years, 5 years and 6 years, respectively. But the Directorate of Education (DoE) had raised it to 5 years, 6 years and 7 years, respectively.
Important dates for Delhi Nursery admissions:
- Start of Applications: December 27, 2017
- Declaration of all entry-level seats on DoE website: December 30, 2017
- Last Date to submit Applications: January 17, 2018
- Uploading details of the applications: February 1, 2018
- Uploading of the allotted marks: February 8, 2018
- Release of First Allotment List: February 15, 2018
- Release of Second Allotment List: February 26, 2018
- Grievance Redressal: March 1, 2018 - March 7, 2018
While the private unaided schools have the autonomy to decide the criteria for admissions, the DoE has directed the schools to ensure that none of the 62 abolished criteria is included in the point based system implemented by the schools.
- Admission registration fee of Rs. 25 can be charged from the parents
- Parents are required to submit either their ration card or smart card, domicile certificate, voter id card, electricity/MTNL/water bill or passport or the Aadhaar Card during the submission of application.