The main motto of this panel is to make this Central University into a World-class institution. Hence, the university has formed an 11-member committee of senior teachers which would provide suggestions to improve the quality of education and faculty development in the institution.
The initiative is taken as a result of the meeting which was held among the AU's Vice-Chancellor Prof AK Singh, the vice-chancellors of central universities with the President Pranab Mukherjee, who is the visitor of the central universities, in New Delhi.
The committee members have been provided a list of setting certain measures i.e. short, medium and long-term measures on, which the panel has to give suggestions at the earliest.
The immediate and short term aims include freedom to recruit faculty for short visits from India and abroad at various levels, freedom to recruit limited number of young faculty over the counter against regular positions to be ratified by a proper selection procedure within three years, liberal interpretation of API (academic performance indicator) scores, institution of post doctoral positions through a centralized procedure with sufficient prestige attached to them and relaxation in terms of experience in the case of outstanding scholars for recruitment purposes.
The medium term measures on, which suggestions have been called include removal of disparity in terms and conditions of employment in comparison to other central institutions and relaxation of the restriction to set up campuses. Similarly, the long term measures for, which the suggestions have been invited include independent council for central universities and freedom to appoint Deans and other heads to the vice-chancellors.
The mission of the Allahabad University includes:
- To pursuit, advanced and generation of knowledge in all branches of learning, with particular stress on exploring their intersection and frontiers.
- The transmission of knowledge through teaching learning process.
- The application of knowledge to human and social advancement.
- The optimum mobilization of resources and infrastructure.
- The preparation of human resource of the highest possible quality, capability and motivation.
- To link the "World Knowledge" with the "World of Work" through professional courses.
- To promote innovation and entrepreneurship.
- To create conducive environment for focused learning.
- To engage with the society through out-reach activities and applied research.