Their motto it to bring a better understanding, appreciation and friendship between the youth of India and China. Under this scholarship programme, 10 scholarships will be provided every year to select Indian students for Undergraduate and Post Graduate studies in China.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the award of Huawei Scholarship for the academic year 2013-14 for aspiring graduate and postgraduate studies in credible and reputed institutions in China preferably in the emerging areas of science and technology, culture and social studies and development related programs.
Huawei believes that the scholarship would help the students dedicate themselves to the pursuit of excellence which would be instrumental in shaping their careers.
Duration of Program: The duration of scholarship will be one academic year, renewable for every new academic session till the completion of the course. For renewal of scholarship, the recipient will have to satisfy the criteria of 80% marks in the previous academic year.
Please Note: Each scholarship covers the students full tuition fee and living expences for the duration of his or her study in China.
How to apply: Candidates must satisfy the following criteria to be eligible for Huawei Scholarships:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen, resident in India and upto 32 years of age as on April 1, 2013 in the year of scholarship.
- The candidate must not have any criminal charges pending in a court of law in India or elsewhere.
- The candidate should have a good academic track record.
- The candidate must have independently gained admission to a reputed University/College/Institution in China at the time of applying the Scholarship.
- The candidate must undertake not to avail of any other corporate or Government scholarship or assistance for the same programme of study in China.
- The candidate should submit his application only online through Huaweischolarships.org, giving complete and accurate details about his/her school and university education, awards, post graduate research work, professional experience (if any) and a statement of purpose.
- The candidate should provide references from two persons of repute preferably academicians and teachers.
- Proof of admission in a university/institute in China.
- A statement of purpose (not exceeding 300 words) substantiating the stream of study the candidate wishes to pursue.
- Copies of DEGREE and COURSE CERTIFICATES and/or MARKSHEETS.
- Any other proof of credentials the candidate may deem important
Selection Procedure: All the applications received will be placed before the Selection Committee. The Committee will, after screening the applications, shortlist candidates for the Final Interview. The Selection Committee comprises of individuals of repute and eminence. The decision for the annual award of Scholarships is based on the recommendations of the Selection Committee. The recommendations are made based on merit, character, aptitude and the purpose of the study.
About Huawei: Huawei is a leading global information and communication technology (ICT) telecom solutions provider. Huawei's vision is "to enrich life through communication". With the objective of translating the vision into reality, Huawei has partnered with the 45 out of top 50 telecom service providers of the world to bring people closer to each other. Today, Huawei has presence in over 140 countries around the globe. Huawei has contributed to shrink the geography and help people and civilizations around the world know and appreciate each other better