Around 18,713 aspirants registered for entrance test in which 13,681 aspirants for Medical and 5,032 aspirants for Dental courses. COMEDK conducts test 28 centres in Bangalore. Online Test admission ticket is available under applicant login of the COMEDK website.
While attending and writing the entrance test, the candidates in their own interest are required to observe strictly certain precautions which are illustrated below failing which they are liable to be debarred from the Test Centres apart from inviting other disciplinary measures.
Candidates should carry the following documents to appear for the test:
- Online Test admission Ticket (TAT) downloaded from the COMEDK website and printout taken.
- Recent passport size colour photograph.
- Black/Blue ballpoint pen.
- Any one of the valid Photo ID proofs in original issued prior to Jan 10, 2013.
As indicated in PGET 2013 brochure, "failure to provide acceptable identification when asked for" would be one of the grounds for dismissal of a candidate from a Test session.
Malpractices and preventive measures adopted:
COMED-K recognizes that the prime object of the medical profession is to render service to humanity and the Examination malpractice is a social evil and further it decreases job efficiency leading to serious implications on the general quality and standard of this noble profession. We believe that there is a chain effect of examination malpractices on the educational system and the society as a whole.
Preventive measures adopted:
- Block system of seating arrangement for the candidates.
- Rigid Test Centre Management; apart from Chief, Deputy Chief Superintendents and Invigilators there will be Centre Observers and independent Mobile Squads to supervise the conduct of Test.
- Insistence on valid Photo ID proof, production of additional photo and recording of candidate's residential address.
- Biometric data collection and capturing of photo with digital recording at test centres.
- Installing Jammers and Portable Metal Detectors at the Test Centres.
- Publishing photo and other details of candidates resorting to malpractices on COMED-K and all Colleges' web-site and requesting all Examination Authorities in the country to ban such candidates from appearing future entrance tests.
- Reporting to Medical Council of India and the concerned State Council with a request to invoke Chapter 8 of the Indian Medical Council (Professional conduct, Etiquette and Ethics) Regulations, 2002 so that the Registration Certificate issued to the candidates is either withdrawn or annulled.