CSAT applicants will be eager to know about the Syllabus and Pattern of the Examination. And hence, here it is. The below is the detailed note of syllabus of CSAT-2013 examination.
Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
- CSAT will have two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each and of two hours duration each. All questions are of objective type. The marks scored in the CSAT 2013 are used for determining qualified candidates for the Civil Services (Mains) Exam 2013 only. The CSAT 2013 score (marks) will NOT be carried overto the next stage (Civil Services Mains Exam 2013)
- UPSC CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test ) has two papers
- Papers I tests the General Awareness.
- Paper II tests Logical Reasoning skills/Decision making skills/problem solving skills/Communication skills/mental ability/analytical ability/Comprehension skills/numerical aptitude/Data interpretation/English Language Comprehension skills